Spring Game

DLguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the spring game is, or when it is usually held? I am trying to coordinate a trip in April, but dont want to miss that game!

Does anyone know when the spring game is, or when it is usually held? I am trying to coordinate a trip in April, but dont want to miss that game!

I believe it is usually held in the spring.

You're welcome.

Could be remembering incorrectly, but didn't Kill say we won't have a spring game until we have enough bodies to do so?

Well, the event that we would consider the spring game where we get to go to TCF, do some tailgating, and see them scrimmage. Basically, the end of spring practice. I believe it is usually mid to late April, but wondering if they have announced a date, or when it was held last year.

Ah. Last year the game was April 23, I would expect around the same time this year (probably April 21 or April 28)

DLguy....

I don't know if they've announced it yet, as soon as I hear anything i'll try to let you know. Last year it was on April 23rd. I'd guess it would be somewhere in that vicinity ( I think it was the 24th in 2010).

Even if they don't have a "Spring Game", they will do what they did last year and have an open scrimmage type of thing where they run plays. I think Kill saying that he doesn't have the bodies for a spring game means that he isn't going to divide the squad into two teams and have them play an actual game. It'll be more like scrimmaging different scenarios.

It was a lot of fun last season.

It depends on how you define "Spring Game". There will be an event at TCF called the Spring Game, what is in question is what form it will take. I like when they divide the players into two teams and play a real game (well, more or less real). Although one year, Goldy Gopher scored a TD, that was a lot of fun.

We'll get to see how the teams has adjusted to Kill's system, I think we will things running more smoothly than they were at last year's Spring Game. And we will eat hot dogs, and sit in TCF Bank Stadium and get a little taste of Gopher football.

Kill had mentioned that he wanted to turn it into a full game,with "celbrity" coaches on either sideline, but he's not going to go that route until they have enough players.

Has been Spring Jam Saturday for the past few years. Hopefully that's not the case again.

Top Bottom