Sports Illustrated

GopherPoke

Reaction score
Any board posters subscribe to Sports Illustrated print copy? Thoughts? I see it is now a monthly mag. I did it for years but seemed to get expensive when most articles could be read online. Now it's almost all subscription content online. Wouldn't mind the online access, but also really like having a hard copy around the house.

Any board posters subscribe to Sports Illustrated print copy? Thoughts? I see it is now a monthly mag. I did it for years but seemed to get expensive when most articles could be read online. Now it's almost all subscription content online. Wouldn't mind the online access, but also really like having a hard copy around the house.
My dad had it for years but recently cancelled.

Regrettably. I got sucked in a on a "$2 for a year" deal and haven't bothered to cancel. I was a subscriber for years in the 90's but it's a shell of what it once was.

I just let my subscription lapse this year. I understand going monthly in 2020 when COVID stopped sports in its tracks, but not now that things are going again.

Used to get SI back in High School - of course, that was in the late 60's and early 70's. I can't remember the last time I looked at the website.

Then I got The Sporting News for a number of years, going back to the paper tabloid version when they still ran all of the baseball box scores in the back pages. Then TSN went to a monthly glossy-format magazine for a while before going all-digital. I have checked a few online articles for the baseball coverage, but maybe just a few times a year.

Used to get SI back in High School - of course, that was in the late 60's and early 70's. I can't remember the last time I looked at the website.

Then I got The Sporting News for a number of years, going back to the paper tabloid version when they still ran all of the baseball box scores in the back pages. Then TSN went to a monthly glossy-format magazine for a while before going all-digital. I have checked a few online articles for the baseball coverage, but maybe just a few times a year.
I used to love getting The Sporting News in the mail, newspaper style. Packed with information, it was awesome. I never really cared for SI, other than late Feb/early March when that certain issue came out. Other than that, it was largely junk to me.

Top Bottom