Sports Huddle Summary 12/15/2013

Coolew01

Reaction score
Sorry for any spelling mistakes or sentences that don't make sense.

Sid asked Coach about Houston. He said he was there briefly and had hit three or four other states that day recruiting.

Coach Kill said Devondre Cambell(spelling) saw the Gophers at last years bowl game and might of swayed him.
Sid asked about walkons. Engel, Bak, Botticelli, other walkons can’t type that quick. Mentioned Alex Bisch(spelling) earned academic scholarship so he won’t need sports scholly.

Coach Kill is having breakfast I believe with recruits during the broadcast.

Dave talked about Golden Dunkers and Rebecca breaking into the meeting. About the loudest ovation they’ve ever heard. Coach talked about how blessed they are to be in MN.

Sid asked about Syracuse prep. Said it is tough working around finals schedules. Working a little on Syracuse, and more importantly working with the younger kids. Talked about Berkley Edwards lighting it up during practice. Mentioned WR Carter.

Kill Said Bak is getting better, running around a bit. Might have him back by bowl game.

Dave Talked about Jordan Lynch finishing third in Heisman. Texted back and forth. Talked about how humble Jordan is. Kill thinks he will get a chance in NFL.

Sid asked about the center from Ohio state(Bobek). Sid asked if he is going to play in bowl game. Said he is practicing and not going to play in bowl game. Medical redshirt.

Dave asked about recruiting and weather and how is it a factor. Kill said just getting recruits here is half the battle. Talked about Wisconsin game and how cold can affect recruits, packed house game atmosphere, and how improvement is helping recruiting. Kill basically said having a full house and winning helps mitigate the cold.

Sid talked about Bo Shechbeckler, Sears, and starting a car in the cold. Asked about how many kids they are bringing to bowl game. Sounds like they are all going. Talked about it didn’t matter if they played one game or not. Kill talked about bowl games making team closer.

Mentioned students buying a ticket to the bowl game and getting free season ticket next year.

Sid mentioned Levine at Houston and how he offered the Gophers use of their practice facility. Talked about how helpful Levine is being.

Thanks DL for everything you do, Sid is painful to listen to.

Thanks, coolew01. Great job and a worthy replacement. agreed about listening to Sid - that's why these summaries are so valuable.

Sid mentioned Levine at Houston and how he offered the Gophers use of their practice facility. Talked about how helpful Levine is being.

That's super awesome of him!

That's super awesome of him!

Yep, he's a great guy. I hope Kill is here until he retires but if anything changes on that front, I hope Levine is the first guy we call. He bleeds maroon and gold and he's a heck of a football coach.

BTW. . .I keep hearing people say that Edwards is the best RB on the team. I don't know about all of that, but it'll be nice to have a speed guy next year.

Really wish Edwards could play in the bowl game and not lose his redshirt. That'd be a nice extra weapon to have.

P.S. The part about Bo, Sears and batteries was true

You did a great job, who cares about the spelling issues when you're doing a service to us who aren't able to listen in.

Yes, Thank You!

You did a great job, who cares about the spelling issues when you're doing a service to us who aren't able to listen in.

You brought a smile to my face when I saw you stepped up and posted the thread in relief of DL. Awesome! Thank you!

Thanks coolew for doing a commendable job subbing for DL65. It's always good to have depth!!!

Coolew, you're awesome! Thanks for doing this. As far as the spelling, I'm impressed with anyone who can de-code Sid!

Tony Levine is a great guy! He is one of my all time favorite Gopher players. Tony was an undersized walk-on who saw significant playing time for the U. My wife worked with and was friends with his Mom. I met Tony's parents many years ago for the first time and when I did, I asked them if they were any relation to Tony. They said yes, he's our son and asked me how I knew him. I told them I only knew him as one of my favorite Gopher players. I also asked how he was doing coaching (I think he was either at Louisiana Tech or Louisville at the time). Tony's parents seemed excited that I knew who he was as a player and had followed his coaching career. I have never met Tony but if he is anything like his parents, he's a very class act.

We'll be at the game and may need to go and check the University of Houston if we find the time to get over there.

Go Coog's and Go Gophers!

Top Bottom