Sports bucket list

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
So my wife and I were talking about our bucket list for sporting events. We made the rule that you can't choose the teams. Ex: Watching the gophers win the national championship--doesnt count. But watching the CFP championship is an option.

Figured this might be fun since we are all bored and this forum especially is quiet.

Here are some of mine:
Yankees-Red Sox at Fenway
NCAA Final Four
Masters
Wimbledon
Olympics (opening ceremony and/or events)
World Cup

Nice idea! Here's mine:

Rose Bowl
World Series Game
World Cup
Maui Invitational (Basketball)
CFP National Championship

A double header in the Palestra.

Cincinnati-Xavier regular season match-up.

Maui Invitational with tickets to every game.

Watch the Zags play two tough conference road games in the same year.... Might have to wait a bit.

Here is my bucket list with a few I've done included

Final Four
Yankees-Red Sox at Fenway (saw them at Yankee Stadium)
Olympics
Kentucky Derby (I've done this and it was great)
Maui Invitational
Super Bowl
World Series
Game at Wrigley (I've done this)
Ryder Cup

World Cup
Caribbean World Series
Dubai 7’s-rugby
NCAA Final Four
World Series
Winter & Summer Olympics-in that order
Track & Field World Championships
French Open
T20 Cricket World Championships
Georgia-Florida, Alabam-Auburn, Texas-Oklahoma, Apple Cup, Ohio St-Michigan football games
Indiana State HS basketball tournament

Some cool ideas on here. I should have included some football matchups I'd love to watch.

Forgot about Kentucky Derby and Rose Bowl. Two I'll add!

As a cubs fan , Cubs cardinals in june in london! CANCELLED!

Rose Bowl w/ Gophers
European venue Ryder Cup
Summer Olympics non US site

Top 5:

1. World Series Game 6 and 7 - Check! 1987 H.H.Humphrey Metrodome, Minneapolis, MN, Got the Hankie to prove it!! Win Twins Win!!! (Louder than a 747 on takeoff baby!)
2. Super Bowl - but a certain Nordic team would have to be the victor.
3. 7th game of the NHL Finals - Don't care who's playing.
4. 7th game of the NBA Finals - Only the fourth quarter would be required.
5. Sunday at the Masters - Amen corner! Nuff said!

Attend a Final Four with Gophers in it (missed the last one)
Play Augusta National (probably won't happen)
Go to all Big Ten arenas for a Gopher game

So my wife and I were talking about our bucket list for sporting events. We made the rule that you can't choose the teams. Ex: Watching the gophers win the national championship--doesnt count. But watching the CFP championship is an option.

Figured this might be fun since we are all bored and this forum especially is quiet.

Here are some of mine:
Yankees-Red Sox at Fenway
NCAA Final Four
Masters
Wimbledon
Olympics (opening ceremony and/or events)
World Cup

Cool thread! Mine are

Masters
PGA tournament @ Pebble
Rivalry football game @ LSU
Rivalry football game @ Bama
OSU vs. Michigan @ Big House
Mens BB Game at the Smith Center
Final Four @ Indianapolis (Heard that's the best place for it)
Mens BB @ Hinkle

There are honestly no sporting events i would be interested in attending as a casual observer with no rooting interest in either team. I would however love the opportunity to be able to see megadeth/metallica/iron maiden play live before it's too late!

Masters
Rose Bowl
Game 7 World Series (I was at game 6 in '87)
British Open
US Open Tennis seems lie it would be cool.

I think I'd choose Final 4 if they ever played again in an arena like the old days. I just don't think these dome setups are appealing at all for in person.

A Six Nation rugby match in Dublin, Ireland vs England
Gophers at the Pelestra
Gophers at Hinckle
Gophers in the Rosebowl
World Cup soccer final

We have two grandsons that are huge sports fans, especially baseball. When they were about 12, we talked about a ”Bucket List” baseball trip. So on each of their 13th birthdays, we traveled to:
-Brewers/Twins game in Milwaukee, then on to
- Cubs/Reds at Wrigley, followed by
- Kansas City/Yankees, (with a stop at the Negro League Museum in KC). And finally,
- St. Louis/Cubs in SL
- We finished off with an afternoon at Field of Dreams.

Four games and Field of Dreams in 6 days. The guys are now 23 & 21, and we all look at it as one of the best times in our lives. One more grandson to go. Can’t wait!!

We have two grandsons that are huge sports fans, especially baseball. When they were about 12, we talked about a ”Bucket List” baseball trip. So on each of their 13th birthdays, we traveled to:
- Kansas City/Yankees, (with a stop at the Negro League Museum in KC). And finally,
- St. Louis/Cubs in SL

Four games and Field of Dreams in 6 days. The guys are now 23 & 21, and we all look at it as one of the best times in our lives. One more grandson to go. Can’t wait!!

That's really cool. I did a trip like that with my Dad and friend after HS graduation (this was in the final months of Cal Ripken eclipsing Gehrig's consecutive games played streak):

-- Old Yankee Stadium for Orioles/Yankees (caught a BP homerun from Jeffrey Hammonds in my hat in right field and my Dad mean-dogged this New Yorker who was trying to wrestle the ball away from me)
-- Mets/Phillies in the old Veterans Stadium (sat in players' seats behind the plate)
-- Orioles/Red Sox in Fenway (where I was able to get Cal Ripken to sign the ball I caught in NY)
-- Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass
-- Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY
-- I'm pretty sure we also hit a New Britain Rock Cats (old Twins AA team) game in Connecticut

Lots of great memories from that trip including first time in my life to NYC, going to top of old WTC towers and my Dad buying me my first beer (that he knew of) at Fenway

There are honestly no sporting events i would be interested in attending as a casual observer with no rooting interest in either team. I would however love the opportunity to be able to see megadeth/metallica/iron maiden play live before it's too late!
My family had front row seats for the Concert for Valor in Washington DC! 6 feet away from Metalica, Bruce Springsteen, David Grohl, Eminem, Rhianna and a bunch of others! it was pretty awesome! well worth the 7 hour wait, especially since Bruce played a little set for us since we were so patiently waiting instead of just doing a sound check in the morning!

- St. Louis/Cubs in SL

Are you looking to adopt? ??

- St. Louis/Cubs in SL

I was at a St Louis/Chicago Cub game at Wrigley many years ago. It was a 14 inning game, Harry Caray sang twice, a major league record was set with 5 stolen bases on one pitch with Vince Coleman and Willie McGee as the two runners, and the Cubs won in the bottom of the 14th. One great game to watch.

I've been blessed to have a very robust life when it comes to attending epic sporting events and visiting legendary venues, but I still have a few things I'd like to do.

• World Series (attended all 7 games of the '91 Series in person)
  • Super Bowl (Redskins vs. Bills at the Dome in '92)
  • Final Four (watched Duke vs. Fab 5 at the Dome in '92)
  • Stanley Cup Finals (game 3, Stars vs. Penguins in '91)
  • March Madness (1997 Midwest Regional in San Antonio and 2010 Gophers vs. Xavier in Milwaukee)
  • US Open golf (walked 18 with the Golden Bear on Sunday at Hazeltine in '91)
  • Attended MLB All-Star Games in 1985, 1994 and 2003
  • Was on the sidelines to watch Brazil-Mexico soccer at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro in 2007
  • Training with David Beckham (part of a sponsorship deal my company did with him)
  • Have watched games in classic yards like Wrigley, (old) Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Dodger Stadium and Camden Yards (conversely, I also watched them in baseball dumps like the Metrodome, Kingdome, Cleveland Stadium, Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, Fulton County Stadium and Candlestick)
  • Haven't been to as many football venues, but have watched games at Lambeau, the Big House and Notre Dame Stadium (for a USC game, which was awesome)
So my bucket list is relatively short:
  • Rose Bowl (has to be with the Gophers playing)
  • Masters
  • A SEC football game/tailgate (at either LSU or Georgia)
  • College World Series
  • Golfing a round at Pebble Beach
  • Kentucky Derby

Attend a Final Four with Gophers in it (missed the last one)
Play Augusta National (probably won't happen)
Go to all Big Ten arenas for a Gopher game
I just completed going to a gopher game at all Big ten arenas last season when we went on a road trip to Rutgers and Ohio State. Now want to follow the team to a final four!!!!

Top Bottom