Sporting News: Would you take Ferentz or Minnesota's P.J. Fleck for the next three years?

Fleck has a higher ceiling. Sure Ferentz has been doing it a long time and been very successful, but Fleck can reach heights Ferentz probably can't.

Was he too aggressive in pushing out former NE Coach Riley's players? Some of those upperclassmen players maybe could have help in the transition.
It’s kind of odd

fleck said he needed a complete rebuild but recruited a lot of guys to stay.
Frost said he should win right a away but seems to have not recruited the holdovers to be a part of his program

Fleck will have the Gophers as BIG champs sometime in the next three seasons. He’ll leave Ferentz in the dust. I am way more confident of this than the Hawkeyes winning the BIG title in the next three years. I vote Fleck.

Last edited:

I don’t think there is a coach in America who I would trade PJ for. I love everything he brings to our state, our school, and our players.
It is incredible to finally feel like we have our guy. It has not felt like that for 50 years !

Wow. I'm amazed at how the narratives in anticipation of the beginning of the season in GH have changed in comparison to five years ago.

I can get used to this. (y)

It is incredible to finally feel like we have our guy. It has not felt like that for 50 years !
Probably not that long. I think right up until the middle of the 4th quarter on that fateful Friday night in 2003, most Gopher fans were convinced Glenno was our guy. Team had turned around, looked like they had a great chance to win the B1G, and then the 4th quarter happened and the rest is history.

Top Bottom