Sporting News: Jerry Kill is reviving the program the college football nation forgot

I'm starting to like this author:

"So while the rest of college football ignores the very existence of Minnesota, the most important thing to happen at the U (that’s right, the U long before Miami jumped on the bandwagon, thank you) in six decades is just getting ramped up."

"So while the rest of college football ignores the very existence of Minnesota, the most important thing to happen at the U (that’s right, the U long before Miami jumped on the bandwagon, thank you) in six decades is just getting ramped up."

+1

Very complimentary article about our beloved Coach Kill. Also KUDOS to his staff.

This article just got me more pumped for the game and the rest of the season! It's also nice for someone to mention that Minnesota was the first to use the term "The U" :D

Look, we’re talking about a program that hasn’t seen a 3-0 start in Big Ten play since 1990. That happens this weekend with a win over Purdue.We’re talking about a program that began last season winning eight of 10 games, and still didn’t move the needle. The losses to Wisconsin and Michigan State ended any idea of only the second 10-win season since 1906, and a disheartening bowl loss to Syracuse put Minnesota firmly back in its place.
That’s why this relatively obscure game against Purdue means so much. While the rest of the college football world is focused on the College Football Playoff and who is getting robbed and who will get robbed, Minnesota is on the verge of a unique transformation.
By winning the next three games and setting up the showdown with Ohio State, the Gophers will have won eight games by November in back to back seasons for the first time since the program won back-to-back national titles in 1940-41.
‘We’re gaining credibility that we’re moving in the right direction,” Kill said. “Winning solves a lot of problems.”
Maybe now they’ll start talking about the Gophers.

Sporting News national article on Minnesota, Coach Kill, state of program. Good read

"You want to know what Jerry Kill is working with? Fine. Let’s look at what he’s working with.

When Minnesota plays host to Purdue on Saturday, Kill’s teams could reach a monumental threshold: crossing the .500 barrier in his fourth season in Minneapolis. And if you think his 22-22 record is what every .500 record truly is — just average — come with me on a brief ride through the program that college football forgot."

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-10-16/minnesota-football-season-is-monumental-for-jerry-kill-big-ten-purdue-tim-brewster-glen-mason

I like that Minnesota is embracing "The U" and not backing down because Miami tried to claim it for themselves.

The table is set and the dinner bell has rung!!

Let's hope the boys are hungry, really hungry!!

Top Bottom