Sponsors/hypocrisy

thatjanelpick

Reaction score
It's great to see the team will have a Pride Night but it seems pretty rich when the signage at the Barn indicates they're taking money from the American Experiment conservative "think tank," Cambria and Chick Fil-A, all of which are deeply problematic in that regard.

Nobody should interpret a few advertisers out of many as representing the U of M politically. The U of M is perceived as being mostly left on political/social issues.

I am a bit niave about this topic - can we all just get just along -- and so looked it up. I could be wrong with what I found.

-Cambria's CEO was a big supporter of Trump economic policies, especially trade policies, it appears, from news items I found.

-Chick-fil-A leadership once extensively funded opposition to same-sex marriage. I can't tell how much that is still the case. It seems the company made a formal statement distancing from that, citing diverse employees, but seems to me to be a vague say-nothing type statement.

QUOTE: "(CNN) - Teenagers across the country love Chick-fil-A, calling it their favorite restaurant chain in a recent survey.

A recent Piper Sandler survey ranked Chick-fil-A as Gen Z’s top restaurant, with 15% of respondents listing it as their favorite choice.

Starbucks came in second at 12% of teens, followed by Chipotle at 7% and McDonald’s at 6%....

The company hasn’t won everybody over, though. Its support for anti-LGBTQ organizations and opposition to same-sex marriage have been at the center of political debates and calls for boycotts." END QUOTE

Last edited:

It's great to see the team will have a Pride Night but it seems pretty rich when the signage at the Barn indicates they're taking money from the American Experiment conservative "think tank," Cambria and Chick Fil-A, all of which are deeply problematic in that regard.
Agreed. Unless the U is now defining “ diversity “ to include openly homophobic organizations. They could have sought funding and concession sales from a variety of other businesses that are more open and supportive to all.

Top Bottom