Spit Ball Some Transfer Gets Here

Wonder if former almost Gopher commit Jayden Pierre could be looking for a new home soon.

Wonder if former almost Gopher commit Jayden Pierre could be looking for a new home soon.
I would think he’d follow the coach to the new school sooner than here but have no inside knowledge of anything.

posters keep mentioning the need for a big to back up foul prone/bad FT shooting Payne. I do not necessarily disagree. But, my worry is focused on the 1-3 positions. Here's why: We have depth at the 4-5 position. Here is our 4-5 position oulook:

Garcia 6'11"
Ihnen 6'10"
Payne 6'9"
Fox 6'8"
Betts 6'8"
JOJ 6'7"

Granted height doesn't translate exactly to position, see TT as an example. He was the tallest player on our roster and was no 5. I believe that Payne will be slightly less foul prone and a slightly better FT shooting during his sophmore season. Garcia can back him at the 5 for 5-10 minutes per game. I'm expecting Ihnen and Fox to back the 5 if needed for 5-10 per game. My concern is if we don't follow up with a few more guards (in addition to Mitchell) we may be guard deficient again this coming season. Ideally I would like to see 2 additional guards and then someone to back up the 5. So a total of 3 g's and one 5. I know we have what, 5 schollys to give. Maybe target a pure shooter (not necessarily a G) with one scholly.

My hope is that the roster looks like this:

Mitchell/1-2 additional portal G's
Christie/Carrington
Portal shooter
JOJ/Betts
Garcia/Ihnen
Payne/Fox/portal big

If 2-3 positions on the court at all times will be G's/ball handlers, shouldn't the roster have at least 5 G's on it? If the 2-3 positions on the court will be F's/C's, we already have 5-6 4/5's on the roster. Roster management is important. Git r dun Ben.

Last edited:

I’ll settle for nothing less than Jackson Paveletzke, Jameer Nelson Jr and Stefan Todorovic.

I know little to nothing about their games. But their names sound like tournament material to me.

When I see last names like Paveletzke and Todorovic all I see is a little 3pt emblem next to them.

posters keep mentioning the need for a big to back up foul prone/bad FT shooting Payne. I do not necessarily disagree. But, my worry is focused on the 1-3 positions. Here's why: We have depth at the 4-5 position. Here is our 4-5 position oulook:

Garcia 6'11"
Ihnen 6'10"
Payne 6'9"
Fox 6'8"
Betts 6'8"
JOJ 6'7"

Granted height doesn't translate exactly to position, see TT as an example. He was the tallest player on our roster and was no 5. I believe that Payne will be slightly less foul prone and a slightly better FT shooting during his sophmore season. Garcia can back him at the 5 for 5-10 minutes per game. I'm expecting Ihnen and Fox to back the 5 if needed for 5-10 per game. My concern is if we don't follow up with a few more guards (in addition to Mitchell) we may be guard deficient again this coming season. Ideally I would like to see 2 additional guards and then someone to back up the 5. So a total of 3 g's and one 5. I know we have what, 5 schollys to give. Maybe target a pure shooter (not necessarily a G) with one scholly.

Christie/Carrington
Portal shooter
JOJ/Betts
Garcia/Ihnen
Payne/Fox/portal big

If 2-3 positions on the court at all times will be G's/ball handlers, shouldn't the roster have at least 5 G's on it? If the 2-3 positions on the courst will be F's/C's, we already have 5-6 4/5's on the roster. Roster management is important. Git r dun Ben.
This transfer portal is stacked with guards. I’d like to see Ben take a run at guards and a solid 3pt shooting SF. Preferably all with 2 years left lol

curious on the Yes that CBJ or staff has contacted Nelson. I haven't seen him in the portal yet, so probably no contact?

hearing he may be a 2nd round draft pick
He asked if he was white, not if CBJ had contacted him......

In Spaulding's defense, he does look like he might be Italian and then we're left with that age old debate . . . are Italians REALLY white?
…only if they don’t talk with their hands.

curious on the Yes that CBJ or staff has contacted Nelson. I haven't seen him in the portal yet, so probably no contact?

hearing he may be a 2nd round draft pick
Grant Nelson has until May 12 to jump into NBA draft.
but if he gets an agent then Minnesota can go thru the agent right?

well. nowadays all it takes is another player chirping in someone's ears via social media

Would’ve preferred they throw everything at Andrew Rohde to get a PG/rim attacker with 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Garcia 6'11"
Ihnen 6'10"
Payne 6'9"
Fox 6'8"
Betts 6'8"
JOJ 6'7"

Christie/Carrington
Portal shooter
JOJ/Betts
Garcia/Ihnen
Payne/Fox/portal big

If 2-3 positions on the court at all times will be G's/ball handlers, shouldn't the roster have at least 5 G's on it? If the 2-3 positions on the court will be F's/C's, we already have 5-6 4/5's on the roster. Roster management is important. Git r dun Ben.
I think Ihnen is a wing not a 4.

I think Ihnen is a wing not a 4.
he proved his first 2 years that he isnt a very good wing.....and looked his best at the 4....and i think in a perfect world he is a back up 3/4 man....but with how things stand i think he, JOJ, & betts will have a nice little battle through the summer and fall to see who can grab the reigns at the 3 spot.

he certainly isnt a 2....and if he gets any run there Ben Johnson whiffed on his remaining transfer targets.....Carrington didnt take any steps in the right direction.....and Christie isnt as good as we all hoped

he proved his first 2 years that he isnt a very good wing.....and looked his best at the 4....and i think in a perfect world he is a back up 3/4 man....but with how things stand i think he, JOJ, & betts will have a nice little battle through the summer and fall to see who can grab the reigns at the 3 spot.

he certainly isnt a 2....and if he gets any run there Ben Johnson whiffed on his remaining transfer targets.....Carrington didnt take any steps in the right direction.....and Christie isnt as good as we all hoped

Except JOJ, Betts, and Ihnen are not 3s.

Except JOJ, Betts, and Ihnen are not 3s.
as i said.....as it stands now....thats who we have right now....
and i have said all along that a big wing was a need on the transfer front and still is

and i will add that JOJ held his own as a 3 last year as a true freshman. and i think Betts is more a 3 than a 4 as well.

Last edited:

Top Bottom