Spit Ball Some Transfer Gets Here

Nothing wrong with trying but if you focus all of your attention on the most desirable objects and you don't get them, the second tier ones will be gone as well. No matter what you might think of someone like Cooper, we certainly could have done worse.
Paging Brock Stuhl

He can shoot! He turns it over at a high rate though, 2.4 TOs per game. 2G not a PG it appears?
Saw him play as they got beat by Charleston. Tough game for him but best scorer on a decent team. I think he can handle the ball a little bit but he's not a locked in PG. Yes more off the ball.

I almost forgot about him. On the whole, I thought Pitino did well with his transfer recruiting but that one undoubtedly was his greatest flop.
He huffed and he puffed and missed 3s

I almost forgot about him. On the whole, I thought Pitino did well with his transfer recruiting but that one undoubtedly was his greatest flop.

No doubt. The day he started was the day I lost faith in Richard.

Nothing wrong with trying but if you focus all of your attention on the most desirable objects and you don't get them, the second tier ones will be gone as well. No matter what you might think of someone like Cooper, we certainly could have done worse.
Like...Taurus Samuels?

This is such lame excuse making. "Can't expect Johnson to land players anyone else wants."

This is how you count B1G wins over 2 years on one hand.

Like...Taurus Samuels?

This is such lame excuse making. "Can't expect Johnson to land players anyone else wants."

Well, we're no Penn State.

Like...Taurus Samuels?

Whatever, tough guy. It is what it is.

You've grown to be really tiresome and utterly predictable.

I wish we had money to get Skyy Clark, he is in the portal.
Louisville will pay big for him as well. Louisville will be dishing out huge money to pay for their whole team it looks like.

Will be cheering hard against them.

Even if we don't land any of the top ranked players in the portal, there are enough decent players (who we can throw minutes to) that could really help our team. It shouldn't be too much to ask to add another PG and a couple wings of EJ Stephens/Luke Loewe level. Even without a homerun in portal - this team could get interesting if it is constructed right.

so we are now adding D3 players? How far down do we go?!?!?!

Even if we don't land any of the top ranked players in the portal, there are enough decent players (who we can throw minutes to) that could really help our team. It shouldn't be too much to ask to add another PG and a couple wings of EJ Stephens/Luke Loewe level. Even without a homerun in portal - this team could get interesting if it is constructed right.
This team will not get interesting unless we get legit freshman recruits......junk transfers that are mediocre wont help nothing.

This team will not get interesting unless we get legit freshman recruits......junk transfers that are mediocre wont help nothing.
Yeah and none of those will be available next year.

It'll get us from 2 wins to 8 wins making it easier for us to potentially attract/retain younger talent.

But I agree with you, long term, it can't be our process but we need to better than horrible as soon as possible (IMO).

Better than horrible needs to be jumpstarted. Losing players to the portal is going to get us to 0 wins next fast.

We do not want to play St Thomas next year!

He’d be better. He is taller, more mobile, a better dribbler, a better passer, and a better rebounder.

I think Garcia is the gophers best player, I just think Nelson is better.

Nelson is insanely good. Big 12 Kansas State with the NDSU SOUTH connection probably

Nebraska/Iowa since they got Sam Griesel last year and Iowa for flip the year before

Minnesota should be knocking on Nelson's door and calling him daily. The buzz behind him would unify Northern Minnesota/Fargo region as huge Gopher fans

Last edited:

That in season BT Rutgers win restarted the BenW futility clock. We are good for a whole season of BT losses. Not worried.

Top Bottom