Spencer Tollackson

ilovethebarn

Reaction score
Does anyone else think he has a long ways to go? I wonder why they hired him over Kevin Lynch? Seriously. Was it a money thing? I mean Spencer, I love you man, but wow are you bad. Worst question formulator ever! My favorite part is when Spence gives his old "grades on the keys to success" portion in the post game. Awful.I really wonder what they were thinking when they hired him. I am sure Quincy must have been better than this too.

I always thought Kevin Lynch did a really good job and I was surprised when they hired Spence. Not trying to rip on Spence-maybe he will grow into the job.

Personally, I love what Spence brings. I think the fact that he doesn't sound polished is actually a great plus for him. Again, he's kind of the basketball version of Glen Somnor. He's unabashedly a fan of the team, and I love hearing him take shots at players, mostly because he's usually saying exactly what I'm pretty sure I would be saying if I were watching the game. I love what he brings to the table (though yes, his interviewing skills are almost non-existent).

no dis on spencer

but it had to be a money thing. obviously KL is more experienced and has a fan base. I loved him. Spence on the other hand is a raw rookie at this. I wish him the best and hope he becomes VERY successsful. His interview skills to date can be painful however.

These are the same idiots (learfield) that have Dave Lee as football play by play and put Gopher hockey on a secondary station you can't get...they don't care.

I'm not a big fan, at least so far. He tends to talk all over Grimm's calls. Preferred both Lynch and Zierden over him, but maybe he'll grow into it. And Learfield's choice of Dave Lee for football play-by-play...I'm guessing that they were pressured by WCCO to do so. As you may remember, Dave Lee also did the basketball games for a while, but then WCCO decided to take him off the broadcasts because the weekday games were conflicting with Lee's schedule for his morning drive time show. I think Grimm is a big improvement over Lee as the play-by-play guy.

Prefer Tollackson over Lynch

Yes Spencer is "green" but he is clearly learning on the job. I suspect that the Gophers prefer
Spencer because he is closer to the current program than Lynch or Lewis.

Even though he needs to work on his delivery (which is a lot harder to do than most people think), he brings more insight into why Tubby might do something during the game, the strengths and challenges of various players (esp his former teammates), etc.

While Spencer does stumble a bit, I actually prefer him to Lynch who could be quite negative and whiny during his broadcasts. Give him time to develop.

Top Bottom