Spencer on the radio

Reaction score
Ok, I was one of the first who publicly pissed and moaned about Spencer being hired. I may have been wrong.

He hasn't been great the last couple games I've listened to. But he hasn't been horrible. Outside of his postgame interviews - which have basically been "Gosh Golly Gee Whiz Coach, can you talk about the game?" - he might turn out to be okay.

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit because the play-by-play guy makes me want to go out and find a small monkey to rape me in the ear instead of listening to his God Awful calls. Just maybe.

Spencer Isn't Bad

He's got a great sense of humor and is a true homer.

I thought is was great that in the A&M game apparently he was flailing his arms after a bad call; and the ref wasn't real happy and came over to explain the call.

He'd be great if he were reading me a bedtime story.... Seriously, he's way too monotone. Thought Kevin Lynch was the obvious choice there... Did they want to go with someone who played for Tubby?

I't would be nice to listen to the CCO crew but the time delay with TV coverage makes it impossible to listen to! Can't CCO fix it???

Accomplice, IMO, you were right the first time. I've listened to 3 or 4 games this year and I think he's been terrible. Not to say that he can't improve or he should be fired, but he's been getting into rants and raves, stepping all over Grim's play-by-play calls. I thought Zierden was a lot better; I also thought Lynch was better. But maybe that's just me; even, if not, he deserves a chance to get better.

Yeah, I think I'm willing to give him more time

Some of the rants I actually like. Either way, jury is still out on Spenny - and sadly that is good news.

But Grimm may actually be worse than Dave Lee. And I'm dead serious. He is the definition of 'Trying Too Hard.'

To take a page from Good Morning Vietnam, "Grimm sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls."

Spence was great in the last game. I absolutely love that he's not afraid to take shots at the players, the refs, etc. He's kind of a young version of Glen Somnor. At two points over the weekend, Spencer took Ralph to task for not playing the press correctly, and for not boxing out. Both were justified, and both are good to hear, especially in the light of the egregiously homerific football calls.

At two points over the weekend, Spencer took Ralph to task for not playing the press correctly, and for not boxing out. Both were justified, and both are good to hear, especially in the light of the egregiously homerific football calls.

Spence also lamented after the Portland game that we had zero points in transition after turning Portland over about 20 times. He pointed it out to Tubby too. Spence has done ok so far.

Top Bottom