South Carolina Using Costco to Sell Football Tickets

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Rutgers too.

These are for two tix and parking, rather than season tix though.

Gophers4Life

Gopher Fan
Reaction score
Not that uncommon...I've seen Cal tickets and SF Giants tickets out here on the west coast

Goldmember

Reaction score
Families in Minneapolis/St. Paul proper don't shop at Costco or Sam's?
No. No one that lives in these two cities has ever walked into a Costoco ever. Even by accident.

denguegopher

Reaction score
Good for the University of South Carolina. Sounds like they have learned some lessons over the years. When I was a student there they declined an offer from the Carolina Panthers to rent Williams Brice Stadium because the Charlotte venue would not be finished in time for their first season. The athletic department's logic was, "our stadium was built for college football." The Panthers played their first year at Clemson and the Columbia business community was quite displeased. Back then the Gamecocks didn't have to worry about offering ticket deals at a big box store in order to sell out, and I'm fairly certain that they would have scoffed at that idea. Looks like their marketing of ticket sales have adapted to the times. Good for them.

Taji34

Reaction score
This would be a smart thing to do for the U as well. Having bundles like that in stores help keep your brand in front of the eyes of locals. I'm sure you'd get a percentage of folks who would be doing their weekly shopping, may not have anything going on during the weekend, see the bundle and think "why not?".

HopHead

rank lieutenant
Reaction score
Families in Minneapolis/St. Paul proper don't shop at Costco or Sam's?
Look at a map of Sam's Club and Costco locations in the Twin Cities metro area. I think that is the point Goldmember was trying to make. But I could be wrong.

gopherjay

Reaction score
No. No one that lives in these two cities has ever walked into a Costoco ever. Even by accident.
Think again. A quick check on visitor zip codes tells a different story according to my source.

fmlizard

Reaction score
It's interesting how they physically put them on a shelf.

I saw a good part of the 2007 Rockies World Series season on discount tickets from King Soopers (grocer) but they weren't in big fat software-sized boxes over next to the deli counter.

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
It's interesting how they physically put them on a shelf.

I saw a good part of the 2007 Rockies World Series season on discount tickets from King Soopers (grocer) but they weren't in big fat software-sized boxes over next to the deli counter.
If it's like the restaurant gift cards at Costco, the giamt card on the shelf is just something for you to put in your cart. Once you get to the register and pay they give you the actual gift card.

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
It looks like a great idea. It the kind of thing that would push a lot of fence-sitters into buying tickets.

NorthernLakesGopher

Reaction score
They have them for Mariners games here in Seattle. I'll have to see if they show up for UW Huskies.

Top Bottom