Souhan: With Mark Coyle at the helm, Gophers sports rising to 'amazing' level of success

Sure, one amazing game, 1 or 2 poor games, and every other game he’s looked at the very least like an Al Nolen, above average PG/facilitator type player. His skill set meshes well with the current supporting cast, but also would have meshed well with last year’s team.
I can't disprove it in the slightest. I just don't believe it would've moved the needle. We'll never know for sure.

They both did a credible job but it was obvious both had reached the point that the program was not going any farther.
Even if this is exactly correct .... Coyle never had to make any such difficult decision. He was gifted an easy button, out of the sky, on both: Kill's health, and the scandal for Claeys.

We can of course give Coyle credit for actually pressing the easy button, and then we can give him truckloads of credit for going out and getting Fleck.

You don't see how having a clearly serviceable Big Ten player and ballhandler would have helped us last year?!?
Like IW, right?!?

"But Carr is way better than IW!!!"

Why? Says who? You do. Because it supports the narrative that you want to be true.

Like IW, right?!?

"But Carr is way better than IW!!!"

Why? Says who? You do. Because it supports the narrative that you want to be true.

The funny thing about stats is they can't be argued. Thus far, Carr has much better results against our toughest schedule in many years than IW ever did. I was an IW fan, but you're comparing hypothetical (how some think he may have played if Pitino had taken the leash off) vs actual game results for Carr.

Still, your original opinion about Carr not making a difference last year is outlandish. I'm guessing in another 10 games, we will really laugh at this one.

Still, your original opinion about Carr not making a difference last year is outlandish.
Impossible. You can't have any say in how it would've gone, objectively. You want it to be the truth that Carr would've made a difference, but this year's and last year's teams can't be compared.

I hope Carr turns out to be an All-American. Maybe he will. I don't think he will, but let's see.

Even if he does, we can't know for sure how the team would've played with Coffey not being the PG and Carr being it. You can hypothesize all you want.

Impossible. You can't have any say in how it would've gone, objectively. You want it to be the truth that Carr would've made a difference, but this year's and last year's teams can't be compared.

I hope Carr turns out to be an All-American. Maybe he will. I don't think he will, but let's see.

Even if he does, we can't know for sure how the team would've played with Coffey not being the PG and Carr being it. You can hypothesize all you want.
Take it to the basketball board. This thread is for rehashing 3 year old arguments about Coyle and Claeys.

Remember whenMaturi was gonna make us the new Madison (pop. 290,000). Just anotherRegent f up

Loved in the Strib this AM in the editorials where someone took Souhan down for not mentioning our wonderful women's hockey team.

Top Bottom