Souhan: With early results in, let's declare Ben Johnson a winning hire for Gophers; I do not miss Richard Pitino pouty face and childish foot stomps

Kind of a funny thread - some of you guys declared him to be a "losing hire" instantly when Johnson was announced as the new coach but if Souhan declares it a good hire now ya'll like "hold up there Ole, we cannot say he's a winning hire until his 4th national title"

I'm afraid I am going to need to side with Souhan on this. I had early reservations - but this was a winning hire for the U, for Coyle, for Ben, for the players, for the faithful fans, and for the pessimistic Scandinavian fans that are still complaining it wasn't Craig Smith.

Instead of focusing of ball movement, better defense he decides a personal insult is the way to to frame his article.

Souhan is a petty man and a very poor writer. And around the time of the hire of Ben he *never* had any good thing to say.

Come to think of it, he very seldom has anything good to say.

My opinion, he needs to be sacked.......
He is physically fit.

Sure. And God bless him for it. I just feel that he is a poor writer, cannot contain his "meanness", and should have his Strib employment ended.......
Standards when out the door with new digital social media and the financial pressures on rags.

Sensationalism, bad news, meanness, first to report something (verification of truth optional) sells clicks and ads.

Top Bottom