Souhan: "My prediction: Smith will leave Minnesota within the next 15 months"

His ending comment about Tubby, with nothing to back it up, is just a cheap shot with no intent other than to try to disrespect Minnesota's program, players, coaches, and potential recruits. the local scribes do NOTHING to promote this area...didn't he say in Thursday's column something like why would anybody stay in Minnesota and freeze all winter long. Like it's a huge differnce between here and Madison. *duh*. Maybe Jimbo should leave for sunnier parts if he can't stand it her.

Mr. Souhan,

I normally enjoy your columns/radio appearances and even try to defend you among Gopher fans who are overly-paranoid that the local media is 'out to get them.' However, your columns and blogs the last week have sounded like the ramblings of a bitter old man.

To be sure, the Gophers had their share of disappointments this season. But there were 4 months to point them out and dissect them. Just because you were to busy and/or disinterested to pay them any attention until March does not mean you need to get your digs in via sarcasm and back-handed compliments now that they've turned things around.

The fact is that Xavier was a better team. That's why they had a higher seed.......

Good email indeed.

My observations, and I am somewhat an optimist:

It will be Hoff's team, especially if he starts draining 3's right off the dribble, last tool he needs.

On Sampson something has got to consistently motivate him. One game he is, another not. What do you do about it, I don't know? Only Sampson knows I suspect, or perhaps his father.

Iverson will get even stronger next year, and Tubby won't want to take him out. People will not want to guard him.

Nolen is better then Joseph, but I expect next year that he won't be. Joseph looked more natural out on the court this year as a Soph then Nolen did last year as a Soph. Nolen also missed the games.

Carter improved a lot the last month and one half, and he won't fill Johnson's shoes, but when next year begins, he may be closer to adequately replacing him than we can picture today.

Don't see Royce back, but hopefully Trevor. If neither, then no red shirts either.

Cory signs because he wants to play with his brother, anyway I hope that is the strongest lure.

Cobb I can't figure out. Williams is very exciting, but needs some bulk.

Top Bottom