Souhan: Fleck's overuse of Ibrahim in the past month doesn't represent one red flag — it represents a bouquet of them.

Don't forget about the RB from PA. His list of offers includes 18 Power 5 programs plus Notre Dame with 6 of those from Big Ten programs (Minnesota, Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State, Rutgers, and Maryland).

Good point - I did forget about him

Seemed fine vs Rutgers and NW?
Perhaps he was healthy by then. I don't have any inside Intel, but happened to notice the games right before (Purdue) and after (Penn St) the game he missed (Illinois) his production was down. Maybe the back was part of the issue.

I don't think he even traveled to Champaign.

Stupid. I can almost guarantee you that Mo wants the carries. He has one chance to be among the elite of college running backs, and this is it...and he is.
Just another Soupcan lazy column. He had some space to fill so he gathered some stats and created puente narrative..

It was basically a mental error to reach the ball out for the 1st down. I don't think we can say whether or not being exhausted was a factor in making a poor decision.
I don’t know how many of you out there have ever seen a running back after he’s carried the ball say 25 plus times the next day they can barely get out of bed and just walking can be difficult. It’s the most demanding position in sports and Mo was was used and abused against Iowa certainly being exhausted had something to do with the fumble. Mental error, LOL.

I don’t know how many of you out there have ever seen a running back after he’s carried the ball say 25 plus times the next day they can barely get out of bed and just walking can be difficult. It’s the most demanding position in sports and Mo was was used and abused against Iowa certainly being exhausted had something to do with the fumble. Mental error, LOL.
You disagree it was a mental error?

You disagree it was a mental error?
Not worth talking to some people.
Yes, taking the ball off his chest in traffic in that situation is a mental error.

But apparent PJ is at fault for playing his best player.

Not worth talking to some people.
Yes, taking the ball off his chest in traffic in that situation is a mental error.

But apparent PJ is at fault for playing his best player.
LOL at both of you dimwits. He’s exhausted and has an all American linebacker and another guy hitting him on the ball. I guess I’ll give Mo the benefit of the doubt.

LOL at both of you dimwits. He’s exhausted and has an all American linebacker and another guy hitting him on the ball. I guess I’ll give Mo the benefit of the doubt.
Reaching the ball out is ESPECIALLY frowned upon if you’re really tired

The tackle that transferred from ND was 25 out of 25 on the depth chart at ND. Trey Lance was not offered and is now in the Pros. Singer was not recruited and now is 20th in the nation as a WR as a sophomore. Fleck's coaching methods have allowed him to rise to a top coaching job. Does he have a knack for identifying talent? Is he a master mind of X's and O's? Or is he a master promoter? He definingly told Minnesota what they wanted to hear, I can fix your problem. He most likely will move on in a few years and be one that offers strong but delusive enticement to the next Minnesota.
That's not how depth charts work. No other Power 5 offered Lance as a QB either. Singer was a walk-on at Arizona.

You can literally do this with every coach in America.

Maybe didn’t reach forward, but I also don’t buy that he couldn’t hold onto the ball because he was too tired, that sounds ridiculous to me. Too much arm fatigue? Come on.
It's not ridiculous to say players get more sloppy when they're tired. This happens in all sports.

More than likely just a freak thing but I gotta believe 10 carries in a row doesn't help.

Don't forget about the RB from PA. His list of offers includes 18 Power 5 programs plus Notre Dame with 6 of those from Big Ten programs (Minnesota, Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State, Rutgers, and Maryland).
He's kinda been overshadowed by Taylor, nearly forgot about him.

to paraphrase what others have said:

IMHO, the issue is not that Mo carried the ball 39 times.

The issue is that MN does not have another back that Fleck trusts to carry the ball when the game is on the line.

to quote Mase: "a pair and a spare." meaning you want to have 3 RB's you trust to produce.

Yes, the Gophers lost Ky and Bucky to the portal.

But knowing that, and knowing that Mo, Potts and Williams were all coming off serious injuries, you would think the Coaches would have factored that into HS and portal recruiting.

Considering that Mo is coming off an achilles, what he has done this year is remarkable.
Where would the Gophers be if Mo had not made such an amazing recovery? Ponder that.

Top Bottom