Souhan: Amazing, Kill gets first extension before first Big Ten victory

Give us contributions: we will spend your money buying out contracts, paying out settlements for law suits and you can get a write-off. The University of Minnesota athletic department will BLOW your contributions out our collective butts buying out coaches contracts that we continue to bungle and mess-up. We promise NOT to use your contributions to pay for scholarships for student athletes, retire facilities debt OR do anything constructive. We will just pay for our major screw-ups in hiring coaches or our legal problems that stem from our own incompetence with the money that we raise in these phone-a-thons that we conduct every year begging for more money from YOU...the season ticket holding suckers. We have a GREAT case going right now trying to battle a young woman we brought in here to be part of our golf coaching team. Things didn't work out so well, but things are really exciting. We "love" a good legal battle every now and then.

We just lost a case in court that we will have to get settled in which we made all kinds of promises to a perspective coach who quit his job to come to work for us...then, we pulled the rug out from under him. We got our butts destroyed in that one and WOW, does it EVER cost a lot of money to lose a case like that. We aren't just looking for a hand to get by that one...we are looking for a BIG hand-out...It costs a LOT of money to try to compete in this athletic administration business...

Thank you suckers,

signed: THE poor, pitiful and pathetic badger joel "buy out" macturi.

Can we count on you to increase your pledge from last year? We really screwed up some coaches contracts this year and need ALL the help that we can get...and we MIGHT have more problems coming in the near term future. We ARE M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A A.D.M.I.N.i.S.T.R.A.T.O.R.S. (That's the new badger joel "buy out" macturi's cheer for 2011!

; 0 )

What a series of reusse posts by Mrs Mas, err, Wren. Does he even know that it all comes down to Big Ten wins?

Give us contributions: we will spend your money buying out contracts, paying out settlements for law suits and you can get a write-off. The University of Minnesota athletic department will BLOW your contributions out our collective butts buying out coaches contracts that we continue to bungle and mess-up. We promise NOT to use your contributions to pay for scholarships for student athletes, retire facilities debt OR do anything constructive. We will just pay for our major screw-ups in hiring coaches or our legal problems that stem from our own incompetence with the money that we raise in these phone-a-thons that we conduct every year begging for more money from YOU...the season ticket holding suckers. We have a GREAT case going right now trying to battle a young woman we brought in here to be part of our golf coaching team. Things didn't work out so well, but things are really exciting. We "love" a good legal battle every now and then.

We just lost a case in court that we will have to get settled in which we made all kinds of promises to a perspective coach who quit his job to come to work for us...then, we pulled the rug out from under him. We got our butts destroyed in that one and WOW, does it EVER cost a lot of money to lose a case like that. We aren't just looking for a hand to get by that one...we are looking for a BIG hand-out...It costs a LOT of money to try to compete in this athletic administration business...

Thank you suckers,

signed: THE poor, pitiful and pathetic badger joel "buy out" macturi.

Can we count on you to increase your pledge from last year? We really screwed up some coaches contracts this year and need ALL the help that we can get...and we MIGHT have more problems coming in the near term future. We ARE M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A A.D.M.I.N.i.S.T.R.A.T.O.R.S. (That's the new badger joel "buy out" macturi's cheer for 2011!

; 0 )

Keep buying those tickets! That'll show 'em.

suck·er (skr)
n.
a. One who is easily deceived; a dupe.

Considering he is already like 10 months into his contract we are probably 18 months away from negotiating a 2 year extension on a 5 year contract. It raises the buyout after 2 and 3 years by a couple of million, but he wasn't going to get fired anyways.

So in my mind it's no big deal and just saves a headache later.

Top Bottom