Sorry Folks, The Worrying Season is Not Over

Jamiche is just trying to show all us underlings how smart he or she is. After all, the negative take is always correct, that's what makes you a good and objective observer!!!:rolleyes:

And remember, this person already stated they want to be patted on the back when Tubby's name comes up for another job, so everybody remember to give them credit for predicting that. After all, none of us could have predicted such..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are better things to do in life then cultivating thoughts of Tubby departing MN for other places...even if it is cleaning up after your dog! That is a hint as to how I view this continual trash/trolling garbage of Tubby leaving for some other place. As far as I am concerned, this is nothing more then the work of Wisconsin fans trying to mess with MN fans.

If you recall, you were also the one who said the Gophers wouldn't make the tournament after our BTT win. If you recall, you were also the one who said Adrian Peterson wouldn't be that good.

I wasn't the only one who questioned whether or not they would get in, and they barely did. As for Adrian, in two years he's had 3-4 superb games, 3-4 good games, some ordinary games, several where he was hurt and several where he became a liability because of fumbling. It adds up to a very good body of work (as Chilly would say) but, if you look at the whole picture, he's not a superstar. (I know, blasphemous!)

You guys hate Reusse because he doesn't drink the kool aid offered by the U. In the years that he has covered the U, where is the excellence? Football? Basketball? Hockey, yes occasionally. Maybe he should just write about women's cross country, men's golf and women's volleyball. Then you would be able to read the praise that you crave.

I wasn't the only one who questioned whether or not they would get in, and they barely did. As for Adrian, in two years he's had 3-4 superb games, 3-4 good games, some ordinary games, several where he was hurt and several where he became a liability because of fumbling. It adds up to a very good body of work (as Chilly would say) but, if you look at the whole picture, he's not a superstar. (I know, blasphemous!)

You guys hate Reusse because he doesn't drink the kool aid offered by the U. In the years that he has covered the U, where is the excellence? Football? Basketball? Hockey, yes occasionally. Maybe he should just write about women's cross country, men's golf and women's volleyball. Then you would be able to read the praise that you crave.

Oh come on. He's never praised the U for anything, ever. Even as they won back-to-back national titles in hockey in 2002 and 2003, he responded with snide comments about how Gopher hockey were the "New York Yankees" of college hockey and that winning the titles didn't mean much because they should be doing it all the time.

Then he complained about the new football stadium being built because (and this one made me laugh), the new location of the stadium was farther away from the student center than the metrodome was. Later on, this was proven to be absolutely false.

He also complained about Tubby early on is his first season because Tubby wasn't selling his program well enough when he came on board. Face it, the guy relishes finding a negative spin on everything. And what's worse, most of his viewpoints are completely predictable. He adds nothing new to the equation, just spin on how everything that happens has an completely negative quality.

That's not not being a good journalist, it's just being contrary. But if you like that, then continue to support him, you guys seem to have that in common.

Have you actually looked at the other teams in the Conference USA???? Yeah, that's a top 10 job.:rolleyes:

Memphis is the only team in the country to receive a one or two seed in the tourney over the last four years.

Oh come on. He's never praised the U for anything, ever. Even as they won back-to-back national titles in hockey in 2002 and 2003, he responded with snide comments about how Gopher hockey were the "New York Yankees" of college hockey and that winning the titles didn't mean much because they should be doing it all the time.

Then he complained about the new football stadium being built because (and this one made me laugh), the new location of the stadium was farther away from the student center than the metrodome was. Later on, this was proven to be absolutely false.

He also complained about Tubby early on is his first season because Tubby wasn't selling his program well enough when he came on board. Face it, the guy relishes finding a negative spin on everything. And what's worse, most of his viewpoints are completely predictable. He adds nothing new to the equation, just spin on how everything that happens has an completely negative quality.

That's not not being a good journalist, it's just being contrary. But if you like that, then continue to support him, you guys seem to have that in common.

He also praises the gophers frequently, evidently just not enough.

He also praises the gophers frequently, evidently just not enough.

Really? When was the last time? Even when he did praise the women's volleyball team, there was a veiled reference about all the cupcakes Tubby and Brewster played, which I'll give him was a somewhat valid point.

But I haven't seen a fully supportive column or story about Gopher athletics from him in a long time. If you've seen one, let me know. I'd love to read it.

Really? When was the last time? Even when he did praise the women's volleyball team, there was a veiled reference about all the cupcakes Tubby and Brewster played, which I'll give him was a somewhat valid point.

But I haven't seen a fully supportive column or story about Gopher athletics from him in a long time. If you've seen one, let me know. I'd love to read it.

How would you like him to cover the gophers?

jamiche, you said that he goes to half of the Gopher games. I didn't keep track, but was that the case this year?

With a little balance. That's it.

Contrary to Reusse's belief, not everything that happens in Gopher sports is some kind of epic failure, no matter who much he reports it as such. Is criticism often warranted? Yes. But he goes out of his way to put a negative spin on any kind of success the Gophers have in any major sport. And that's a big problem.

jamiche, you said that he goes to half of the Gopher games. I didn't keep track, but was that the case this year?

I saw him twice near me and a couple of times downstairs. Not as often as in the past.

Jamiche is just trying to show all us underlings how smart he or she is. After all, the negative take is always correct, that's what makes you a good and objective observer!!!:rolleyes:

And remember, this person already stated they want to be patted on the back when Tubby's name comes up for another job, so everybody remember to give them credit for predicting that. After all, none of us could have predicted such..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

100% spot on.

You all owe me respect! I was right! I predicted this on the INTERNET!!ONE!1

Note: Please forget all of the other uninformed negative tripe that my fat ass has spewed over the years that turned out to be absolutely wrong. If any of those are brought up, I'll just muddy the waters and backpedal slightly while still maintaining I was right (read jammer's defense of his Gophers not making the tourney prediction). My bullsh!t was wrong, but I'll explain in a way that is equally as negative.

You're act is getting tired, just like Phat's. And no he was not at the Barn more than 2-3 times this year.

Top Bottom