Sorry Devron!

maliksealy

Reaction score
Ok, well I have to admit I feel pretty bad about all of this Devron "gossip" I started. I'm sorry, but to me it seemed awfully strange he would put that message on his status as soon as he gets home after hardly seeing the court. If its personal issues, then its personal issues.

Personally, I love the kids athleticism. He played big roles in the Penn State and Wisconsin game...I don't think we beat Bucky without him.

I also think it was wrong for people to question his academics. People abbreviate things all the time through text and social networks, even in threads like these.

I thought it was pretty interesting was all, and wondered what people thought about it. I promise I won't post any other status updates or "gossip" about players!

Go Gophers

Perhaps you shouldn't have demeaningly "translated" his message if you didn't want people to question his academics. And what did you expect to happen if you not so vaguely suggest he is going to transfer? Are you 13, or is this that you are from Iowa?

Hey - the guy apologized. What do you want? An apology on the Gopherhole is like a 60 degree day in January in Minneapolis. Pretty rare. Way to be malik- it's classy to apologize- we all make mistakes.

The rumor persists longer than the retraction. Not good enough, particularly due to the lack of...well...apology in the "apology".

FTB: When are you going to apologize for being a continuous ass here?

Wouldn't I have to be sorry to apologize? When will you apologize for wanting to run Devron off the team?

FTB, i tried to apologize, i translated because i didnt know if everyone could understand what he was saying. i dont know what else i can do at this point, sorry again

"I'm sorry, but..." is not an apology. All "I'm sorry, but..." says is that he feels sorry for himself because of all the pain we were about to bring down on him in the message boards for starting these craptastic rumors. An apology is not an apology when it includes an excuse.

This is more on Devron than Malik. At last check, Bostick had 1275 friends. My assumption is that a few could possibly be acquaintances or less. As a public figure, when you put something ambiguous out there, people are going to try to interpret the meaning. If Malik wouldn't have done it, someone else would have. I suspect this will be a good lesson for Mr. Bostick.

You people are just idiots. Dude apologized. He doesn't have to meet your requirements for an apology and he was not required to apologize by anyone. He could've done what most people who hide behind monikers do when they're wrong which is to just disappear or ignore the fact that they were proved wrong. Get off dudes back and move on.

Lessons to be learned:

(1) There appears to be an entire generation that would be wise to spend much less time on Facebook and much more time on their studies.

(2) Once you put it out there, it's out there forever.

(3) How you write influences those who read what you write.

(4) There are friends and then there are Facebook friends.

Hey - the guy apologized. What do you want? An apology on the Gopherhole is like a 60 degree day in January in Minneapolis. Pretty rare. Way to be malik- it's classy to apologize- we all make mistakes.

I agree with bga. Malik didn't have to apologize, but he did, that says a lot about him. And Malik is not the 1st one to post someone's Facebook status or information, and he won't be the last.

Just remember, everytime you read one of these things, take it with a grain of salt. I can't tell you how many times I've been angry, posted something, and go and delete it the next day...but I'm not a celebrity, so no one really cares. These guys are being stalked by fans all the time, and they need to know that.

really cool!

1) What Malik Sealy did (the apology)
2) Honoring the dead-too-young former Timberwolf player and St. John's collegian
3) The graphic that Gopher Lady is displaying!!!!!!

Please explain how I tried to run Devron off the team. That just didn't happen, and apparently you misinterpreted all of my comment previously.

Lessons to be learned:

(1) There appears to be an entire generation that would be wise to spend much less time on Facebook and much more time on their studies.

(2) Once you put it out there, it's out there forever.

(3) How you write influences those who read what you write.

(4) There are friends and then there are Facebook friends.

Once again, I disagree with you and Art. This is NOT public information. Only his friends or "friends" can see what he wrote. Yes, maybe he should be more selective in who he accepts as friends on facebook, but he was probably just being a nice guy by accepting Gopher fans such as MalikSealy. His status is not public information for anyone to see. By posting it on this forum, NOW it is public information. Hopefully this is a lesson learned for all of us to respect players' privacy on facebook or myspace or whatever.

Once again, I disagree with you and Art. This is NOT public information. Only his friends or "friends" can see what he wrote. Yes, maybe he should be more selective in who he accepts as friends on facebook, but he was probably just being a nice guy by accepting Gopher fans such as MalikSealy. His status is not public information for anyone to see. By posting it on this forum, NOW it is public information. Hopefully this is a lesson learned for all of us to respect players' privacy on facebook or myspace or whatever.

Facebook should absolutely be viewed as public information, especially if you have over a 1,000 friends and you are a public figure. It would be naive to think that people you don't actually know are going always be looking out for your best interests. Heck, it's naive to expect that of people you know.

If you don't like the current paparazzi-driven state of popular culture, fine. I can see your point. But to expect people to respect your privacy in that kind of public to semi-public forum is downright foolish. It's Devron's lesson to learn.

The lesson learned, and we can all relate to this...Never say anything to anyone at any time, in any way, that you may regret later. It's really simple. This lesson applies to anyone and everyone, except for a jmarksor from FL. He never regrets anything, he is just an a@@hole.

Who are you even responding to? You'd someone so wise could figure out how to respond to a specific post or quote material. Your posts are always vague responses at the bottom of the thread. Genius.

all of a sudden maliksealey is being martyred for a half hearted apology. there is no excuse for posting what he did. he can apologize all he wants, the fact remains it was mean to post bostick's personal stuff on the gopherhole. all it could possibly do is embarrass devron and maliksealy had to know that.

all of a sudden maliksealey is being martyred for a half hearted apology. there is no excuse for posting what he did. he can apologize all he wants, the fact remains it was mean to post bostick's personal stuff on the gopherhole. all it could possibly do is embarrass devron and maliksealy had to know that.

it was not mean to be a half-hearted apology...im very very sorry..i was just trying to explain myself. i was just trying to stimulate conversation and had no idea it was going to get back to devron. i think we all learned something from this...me, devron, and the rest of gopherhole.

I have a different perspective on this one. Both sides of this issue need to check themselves.

-1st anyone not a college student or college age trying to befriend a player is ridiculous. My college roommates were prominent players on the hockey team. The adult groupies were a bigger joke than the female groupies. Seriously, there were 40 year old guys wanting to hang out and mothers calling to get them to go attend birthday parties. I feel bad for a coaches/A.Ds trying to babysit those situations.

2nd- Devron is a junior and receiving a publicly subsidized scholarship. Kids are leaving the U with $60,000 debts. He needs to be held to a higher standard. He does know better, I remember the coach calling our place and telling his players not to talk to the media whenever he got wind that a particularly nosy sports reporter was following a scoop. I'm sure the players have been told about Facebook. Firms are hiring people to track Facebook activity of potential hires Devron's age for the private sector jobs. Don't make excuses for him and let him deal with his choices.

I'm not young but also not middle age and have grown in the professional job market as the digital world has shaped the job place. I've witnessed a lot of trouble that internet activity or even the perceived context of an e-mail can create.

I have a different perspective on this one. Both sides of this issue need to check themselves.

-1st anyone not a college student or college age trying to befriend a player is ridiculous. My college roommates were prominent players on the hockey team. The adult groupies were a bigger joke than the female groupies. Seriously, there were 40 year old guys wanting to hang out and mothers calling to get them to go attend birthday parties. I feel bad for a coaches/A.Ds trying to babysit those situations.

2nd- Devron is a junior and receiving a publicly subsidized scholarship. Kids are leaving the U with $60,000 debts. He needs to be held to a higher standard. He does know better, I remember the coach calling our place and telling his players not to talk to the media whenever he got wind that a particularly nosy sports reporter was following a scoop. I'm sure the players have been told about Facebook. Firms are hiring people to track Facebook activity of potential hires Devron's age for the private sector jobs. Don't make excuses for him and let him deal with his choices.

I'm not young but also not middle age and have grown in the professional job market as the digital world has shaped the job place. I've witnessed a lot of trouble that internet activity or even the perceived context of an e-mail can create.

I did check myself...I am not trying to befriend him, i just was a facebook friend of his, which really means nothing...ive never tried to hang out with anyone on the team ever

Top Bottom