Sori Marin and Wiley

MSM had his best game as a Gopher. He took MUCH better angles on edge plays and made the tackle at 5 or 6 yards along the sidelines multiple times as opposed to earlier in the year when he'd try to make the tackle at 2 or 3 yards and get outrun.

The defense as a whole was so much better in the run game yesterday. The edge players kept that outside arm free and did an excellent job forcing runners to help. Aside from the very long run, LB's found their fits and didn't overrun stretch plays as they had been doing all season. Young guys Carter and Cheney (along with old guy Schad) were so disruptive on DL. It was fun to watch the improvement.
Agree. The two weeks off seemed to help 55 quite a bit...much more patient to watch the play develop a bit before committing, followed the line of scrimmage on the stretch runs to the sides. Hope he continues that way. He was pretty bad up until yesterday.

I’ve given him flack before, but because of his kick returning. Not his fault for being thrown back there, but he is a sub-par kick returner. As a RB, he is way too upright. I will give him credit, as he already looks better now than he did at the beginning of the year.
Again, plenty of good RBs ran/run more upright, seems like a nit-picky thing to continue to focus on. I have always liked Wiley as a runner. Looked fantastic in the practices I attended and felt he just needed to get a decent amount of carries to show what he can do.

Again, plenty of good RBs ran/run more upright, seems like a nit-picky thing to continue to focus on. I have always liked Wiley as a runner. Looked fantastic in the practices I attended and felt he just needed to get a decent amount of carries to show what he can do.

Running upright worked pretty ok for Eric Dickerson...

Top Bottom