Son moving to Minnesota in August

I just read this thread. Where is he moving from out of curiosity?
Mighty Jacksonville, Florida though he spent a year in Iowa City last year so he is used to the cold a little....I realize that Minnesota has a special level of coldness in store for him. He probably looks forward to it after a few months of getting in our car with the inside thermometer reading over 105. I am riding up with him to get him there for Orientation on the 31st

Mighty Jacksonville, Florida though he spent a year in Iowa City last year so he is used to the cold a little....I realize that Minnesota has a special level of coldness in store for him. He probably looks forward to it after a few months of getting in our car with the inside thermometer reading over 105. I am riding up with him to get him there for Orientation on the 31st

Oh, we just got together with a relative who was up from Jacksonville a few weeks ago. She moved down there about 15 years ago I suppose. Loves it.

Oh, we just got together with a relative who was up from Jacksonville a few weeks ago. She moved down there about 15 years ago I suppose. Loves it.
Once you get used to the heat and humidity, it's a good place to be and the cost of living is pretty low. It would be nice to have 4 seasons instead of 2 (Hot and Warm). I'm excited about getting to visit Minneapolis a few times a year. My first sports team I ever fell in love with was the Vikings (had to switch to Jags once we got them) and my baseball team is the Twins. I hope to catch a game in late August while I am there.

Once you get used to the heat and humidity, it's a good place to be and the cost of living is pretty low. It would be nice to have 4 seasons instead of 2 (Hot and Warm). I'm excited about getting to visit Minneapolis a few times a year. My first sports team I ever fell in love with was the Vikings (had to switch to Jags once we got them) and my baseball team is the Twins. I hope to catch a game in late August while I am there.
When you get here the State Fair will be going down in St Paul. It’s considered top two as far as fairs go. Ends on Labor day. Maybe you’ll want to check it out.

Sep-mid Nov are damn fine months. Best sleeping weather.

Best winter advice is find one of the Winter activities. Like Hockey or ice fishing, etc. If you can fall in love with them you look forward to Winter. Then basically, April is the only shitty month. Perfect for staying indoors and studying/working.

HAVE to go to the Fair! Free parking on campus (by the stadium) and free shuttle over there and back. Not cheap, but definitely a thing to do at least once in your life! Enjoy!

Top Bottom