Something to think about

patrick08

Reaction score
On Saturday with a minute left, the Gophers were attempting an onside kick in an attempt to force a game with #8 Ohio State into overtime. Next week, they face Nebraska, a team they beat convincingly last year. If they win, they go onto Wisconsin to compete for the B1G West title. Just think about where we were and where we are now.

There will be a sizable proportion of the crowd in Lincoln on Saturday that fully expect us to win.

At their house.

Not Minny...not the Goofs...but Minnesota.

That's something to think about as well.

Go Gophers! Let's Beat the Huskers at Home!

Its hard to imagine that we are in this position after some of the rough years that we went through not so long ago

On Saturday with a minute left, the Gophers were attempting an onside kick in an attempt to force a game with #8 Ohio State into overtime. Next week, they face Nebraska, a team they beat convincingly last year. If they win, they go onto Wisconsin to compete for the B1G West title. Just think about where we were and where we are now.
I don't think that the plan at the end was to force OSU into overtime. I think had they got the kick and scored a TD, they were going for 2.

I don't think that the plan at the end was to force OSU into overtime. I think had they got the kick and scored a TD, they were going for 2.

Yep. Totally agree. If the plan was to send it into overtime I don't think you kick the field goal first.

I had the same thoughts.
Remember where we were in 2010 with OSU up 52-10, I was one of perhaps 2000 people who stayed til the end of that game, I had a section of the stadium to myself.

Remember where we were hoping to force overtime not against Ohio State but against New Mexico State in 2011 when Coach kill went down with his first public seizure. We lost and had no idea whether Kill would ever coach again, or if we'd want him to try.

Remember the first time we played Nebraska that year and they toyed with us at home during homecoming, the Nebraska fans nearby us felt sorry and actually cheered for the gophers in the second half.

Now here we are deep into November in the thick of the B1G west race, one win away from a showdown with Wisconsin that could send this team to the championship game.

its called progress

most teams see it year after year. we are new to the phenomenon but we could get used to it! Go Kill Go!

its called progress

most teams see it year after year. we are new to the phenomenon but we could get used to it! Go Kill Go!

Progress? Hmmmm after we lost to Illinois all I heard was same old Gophers. We will go 0-4 and lose the Texas Bowl again. By halftime Ohio St. will be up by 50.

Progress is right. I wish more people could see it especially our local media. Although I know how tempting taking about the RB on a last place team being suspended can be. :confused:

Top Bottom