Something new I noticed on the stadium today

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned already. I saw 11 flag poles (10 of the same size, and 1 about 10 feet taller) today. They are on the north side of the stadium, above the TCF Bank Stadium lettering that went up last week. Obviously for all the big ten teams with our being the tallest.

I saw that when I drove by yesterday. I think they were added last week because the lettering on that side of the building and the flag poles are relatively new.

Nice! Funny how something so small and simple will add a ton of class to the stadium.

i went by the stadium a couple of times today and they had the scoreboard running and advertisments took up half of the board and a score type deal across the bottom on the bottom which was also unneccessarily huge...i am hoping this is the post game scoreboard or something

I am sooooo glad they kept this in the stadium. I've noticed the flags on a lot of the computer renderings and really hoped that these wouldn't be value engineered out of the project.

From what I've seen is that they indeed will be the 11 flags from the Big Ten....but on the tallest one will be the gophers flag but it also will have the flag of the team they are playing that day on the pole. They use to fly the gopher flag and their opponent next to each other above the Memorial Arch at the old stadium.

i went by the stadium a couple of times today and they had the scoreboard running and advertisments took up half of the board and a score type deal across the bottom on the bottom which was also unneccessarily huge...i am hoping this is the post game scoreboard or something

Ads will take up plenty of space. See the Godzillatron @ Texas for an example (examples attached). It is what it is and the benefits of the board should outweigh the negatives.

Attachments

• godzillatron_1.jpg
    godzillatron_1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 66
  • godzillatron_during game_1.jpg
    godzillatron_during game_1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 54
  • godzillatron_during game_2.jpg
    godzillatron_during game_2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 56

Drove by over lunch and noticed the M on the back of the scoreboard is now going up.

Top Bottom