Someone is trying to make a LOT of money on Gopher tickets on craigslist

After all, we say such wonderful and glowing things about the states of Iowa and Wisconsin, and they in turn say such wonderful things about us. It's one big love fest between the states of Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. The Dakotas ought to be treated with the same respect that we extend to Wisconsin and Iowa. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

After all, we say such wonderful and glowing things about the states of Iowa and Wisconsin, and they in turn say such wonderful things about us. It's one big love fest between the states of Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. The Dakotas ought to be treated with the same respect that we extend to Wisconsin and Iowa. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The U maintains long-standing rivalries with both Iowa and Wisconsin. Thus, poking fun at those states at least makes sense.

USD and SDSU are, frankly, both pathetic compared to the U (which is why I moved here to attend). It's not a rivalry, and the schools are so disparate by any imaginable measure that it's not even worth discussing. So why start ripping on the state, other than to be a dick?

Gopherguy05...would this be a legitimate form of income? For some reason I am in need of some after around 12 pm today.

1. There were actually parts of several states in the Dakota territory: the two Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and Nebraska. Over time, it fragmented into the boundaries we now know, including the final split when the two halves gained statehood on Nov. 2, 1889.

2. The states are (and were) quite different, despite the many similarities they share. While both have a strong foundation in agriculture, North Dakota has large stores of coal and oil, while South Dakota has gold. Over time, North Dakota has remained largely agricultural, while South Dakota has diversified into retail, finance, and health care.

3. The territories' population clusters (Fargo and Sioux Falls) were located hundreds of miles from each other, and it made more sense from an administrative and logistical standpoint to split them in two.

4. The Republicans lobbied for the inclusion of two states rather than one, as the territory was (and is) firmly Republican, and they were looking to augment their forces in the Senate.

I know you're just trying to be a dick, but it offends me as a native South Dakotan who is proud of his origins and home state, and I'm not going to let you do it.

Fun Facts about Wyoming

1. Wyoming was the first state to grant women the right to vote, which is why they are called the Equality State. It was also the first state to elect a woman governor.

2. Famous retailer J.C. Penney opened his first stores in Wyoming in the first years of the 20th century. The chain was originally called Golden Rule Stores; the name was changed in 1913.

3. Wyoming is the #1 exporter of “Montana Sucks” refrigerator magnets.

4. Residents of Wyoming are 14% more likely to have tried beef jerky than the average American.

It's a little known fact that

If you were to go back in history and take every president, you'll find that the numerical value of each letter in their name was equally divisible into the year in which they were elected. By my calculations, our next president has to be named Yellnick McWawa. How about that fun fact. By the way J.C. Penney is a poor man's Wall Drug.

The U maintains long-standing rivalries with both Iowa and Wisconsin. Thus, poking fun at those states at least makes sense.

USD and SDSU are, frankly, both pathetic compared to the U (which is why I moved here to attend). It's not a rivalry, and the schools are so disparate by any imaginable measure that it's not even worth discussing. So why start ripping on the state, other than to be a dick?

That's my point exactly. North Dakota/ South Dakota who cares?

Top Bottom