Someone is trying to make a LOT of money on Gopher tickets on craigslist

gopherguy05

Section 246 Row 4
Reaction score
Wow...

Look at the Prices this person is asking for on Craigslist.... and the lameness of Minnesota Fans continues...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tix/1169104760.html

I have a pair of tickets in section 110 row 25. Parking in the Northstar Lot is also inlcuded. All home games for sale, email me and make me an offer.

Sat, Sep 12 Air Force TCF Bank Stadium 6:00 p.m. $450/pair

Sat, Sep 19 California TCF Bank Stadium $400/pair

Sat, Oct 03 Wisconsin * TCF Bank Stadium $500/pair

Sat, Oct 10 Purdue (Homecoming) * TCF Bank Stadium $450/pair

Sat, Oct 31 Michigan State * TCF Bank Stadium 7:00 p.m. $400/pair

Sat, Nov 07 Illinois * TCF Bank Stadium TBA $400/pair

Sat, Nov 14 South Dakota State TCF Bank Stadium TBA $300/pair

Roughly figuring, I came up with a cost of about $140.00 per ticket after the seat license ($500/7), parking ($200/7) and regular cost of the ticket ($275/7), so this person is trying to make approximately $67.00 per ticket if you average out the asking prices($207)...

Just because he asks that price doesn't mean he is going to get it. Maybe he will find a sucker.

Damn, that clown has tickets in my section and my tailgating lot. I'll just get pissed when I see a f-ing red flag up when I pull in to tailgate in early October. :mad:

Damn, that clown has tickets in my section and my tailgating lot. I'll just get pissed when I see a f-ing red flag up when I pull in to tailgate in early October. :mad:

and if that does happen nothing will be stopping you from tearing that red becky flag down and taking a grain belt premium beer soaked piss all over it! ;)

I hope he gets what he is asking for and more. That would mean that demand for Gopher tickets is high and that is a good thing. Heck, if some Sconnie fan wants to take out a second mortgage on his house just for the privilege of being abused for three hours, good for him.

Why does everyone think that this is the only place where tickets are bought and scalped? It happens everywhere where there is demand. It is a good thing.

As mentioned several months ago ...we can probably plan on the seeing the Gopher Stadium at least 1/3 Red when we play Wisky...I hope that I am wrong. As in the past...the corporate seats will be Red, the student section will have a large number of students wearing Red, all 3K seats for the visiting team will be Red and a good number of other seats will be sold for profit to Wisky fans. I hope that this will not be the case.

1/3 red? Are you off your rocker? In the Dump, sure. Considering that 1/3 of the seats in the place were unsold by season tickets, that wasn't hard to do.

But 1/3 in the New Brickhouse? Do the math. That would require almost 17,000 weasels to find their way in, and I have a hard time believing that many will get in. While there will always be the visiting allocation, and a few token red specks around, I don't see more than 5 or 6 grand in there.

1/3 red? Are you off your rocker? In the Dump, sure. Considering that 1/3 of the seats in the place were unsold by season tickets, that wasn't hard to do.

But 1/3 in the New Brickhouse? Do the math. That would require almost 17,000 weasels to find their way in, and I have a hard time believing that many will get in. While there will always be the visiting allocation, and a few token red specks around, I don't see more than 5 or 6 grand in there.

Yeah, 5 to 6 thousand sounds about right for the BADgers game. Really the game i could see a lot of away fans in the South Dakota game, its a game not many Minnesota fans would find interesting and THE game every south Dakota fan has circled on their calendar since the schedule came out. I remember being at the South Dakota game and i swear it was about 60-65% SD fans....plus the embarrassment of loosing did not help....

As mentioned several months ago ...we can probably plan on the seeing the Gopher Stadium at least 1/3 Red when we play Wisky...I hope that I am wrong. As in the past...the corporate seats will be Red, the student section will have a large number of students wearing Red, all 3K seats for the visiting team will be Red and a good number of other seats will be sold for profit to Wisky fans. I hope that this will not be the case.

not saying it will be you as you don't sound like it, but it seems to me that those who are so certain your scenario above will be the case going forward are the same type of people who would also be willing to sell their tickets to enemy fans in the first place.

that being said i have a feeling that a good number of those types (who had way too easy access to an unfortunate over abundence of seating at the metrodome) are going to have been "weeded" out going into this year considering the very large number of legit gopher fans who bought season tickets now that we are out of the metrodump.

Yeah, 5 to 6 thousand sounds about right for the BADgers game. Really the game i could see a lot of away fans in the South Dakota game, its a game not many Minnesota fans would find interesting and THE game every south Dakota fan has circled on their calendar since the schedule came out. I remember being at the South Dakota game and i swear it was about 60-65% SD fans....plus the embarrassment of loosing did not help....

are sure you were actually "at" this game bro? since we have never played and lost to south dakota before! try north dakota state next time you tell this story! ;)

We live in a capitalistic society. If the guy wants to sell his tickets and try to make a little money on 'em, more power to him. They're his tickets, not yours or mine.

Dare say, I would guess a Gopher fan could sell his Iowa or Wisconsin tickets every year for more than the face value of his entire season package. Make a profit simply by selling your tickets for one game, the rest of the home games are on the house? Not that I'd do it, but it sounds like a good business decision to me.

not saying it will be you as you don't sound like it, but it seems to me that those who are so certain your scenario above will be the case going forward are the same type of people who would also be willing to sell their tickets to enemy fans in the first place.

Bronko, thinking that 1/3 of TCF will be red is pessimistic, not traitorous. Some of the best Gopher fans I know are the most pessimistic. Stop letting your desire to see TCF free of red result in you painting other Gopher fans with such a broad brush.

We do live in capitalistic society

The sooner people realize this the better. All the bitchin about someone selling their tickets above face value gets old. Put your energy in supporting the team. I might have to sell a few of my extra tickets and I don't want people judging me as some greedy a-hole.

I'm guessing the seller is an Iowa fan who bought the tickets to get a ticket to the Iowa game every other year.

Really the game i could see a lot of away fans in the South Dakota game, its a game not many Minnesota fans would find interesting and THE game every south Dakota fan has circled on their calendar since the schedule came out. I remember being at the South Dakota game and i swear it was about 60-65% SD fans....plus the embarrassment of loosing did not help....

We play USD this year? Was this a late addition to the schedule? Do you have a link?

Also, I highly doubt you were "at the South Dakota game" at which we suffered the "embarrassment of 'loosing'", since it was on September 28, 1912. (We lost 10-0). I don't feel that badly about it, though, since we lead the all-time series 9-1, with a combined score of 305-27.

For anyone interested, our series against SDSU (the team we actually play this year) currently stands at 5-0, combined score 184-13. We last played them September 30, 1933, which we won 19-6.

I think we all know

he meant North Dakota. North........south............. does it really matter.

Honestly, why did someone feel the need to split the Dakotas? Thankfully, Montana did not follow suit otherwise there would be two more state capitals I could not remember.

Please do not try to actually answer the question of why the Dakotas were split into North and South. I'm only joking people.

Honestly, why did someone feel the need to split the Dakotas? Thankfully, Montana did not follow suit otherwise there would be two more state capitals I could not remember.

1. There were actually parts of several states in the Dakota territory: the two Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and Nebraska. Over time, it fragmented into the boundaries we now know, including the final split when the two halves gained statehood on Nov. 2, 1889.

2. The states are (and were) quite different, despite the many similarities they share. While both have a strong foundation in agriculture, North Dakota has large stores of coal and oil, while South Dakota has gold. Over time, North Dakota has remained largely agricultural, while South Dakota has diversified into retail, finance, and health care.

3. The territories' population clusters (Fargo and Sioux Falls) were located hundreds of miles from each other, and it made more sense from an administrative and logistical standpoint to split them in two.

4. The Republicans lobbied for the inclusion of two states rather than one, as the territory was (and is) firmly Republican, and they were looking to augment their forces in the Senate.

I know you're just trying to be a dick, but it offends me as a native South Dakotan who is proud of his origins and home state, and I'm not going to let you do it.

Wait a minute, I'm the dick here. Did you really need to pile on gopher56 after Bronko had set him straight? That's awesome that South Dakota was formed because of political b.s. Happy for ya. That's all I'm going to say because you wasted too much of my time and the forum's time. Good Day sir.

Wait a minute, I'm the dick here. Did you really need to pile on gopher56 after Bronko had set him straight? That's awesome that South Dakota was formed because of political b.s. Happy for ya. That's all I'm going to say because you wasted too much of my time and the forum's time. Good Day sir.

Actually, if you put on your reading comprehension cap for a moment, you'll note that Bronko pointed out that we lost two years ago to NDSU, not USD.

My post was making fun of his ignorance that USD and SDSU are, in fact, two separate entitities. People do this all the time, and think it doesn't matter because "South Dakota is unimportant." I'd be willing to bet someone would jump in immediately and correct it if people confused Mich/MSU, Iowa/ISU, Ohio/OSU, et al.

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up that you're the sole arbiter of individual post's "time-worthiness." Now I know who to consult before I go ahead and make a post. I've been reading this board for years, and hadn't noticed you until the last few months. You must be proud that you've advanced so far in the GopherHole hierarchy so quickly.

To quote the great Ron Burgundy, "Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast. ... ". No worries gopher56 I know what you meant.

NOTE TO EVERYONE don't diss the Dakotas when dpod is around, he is very sensitive

Top Bottom