Some potential changes coming to College Football

I've said it a few times before here...the endgame of all of this is the NCAA (or the university-branded, fully paid "college" teams) pulling an end-around on the NFL and making a serious challenge to dethrone it.

Just do exactly what they are doing now, and make the last rule to end be the 4 year eligibility limit. Then you have just stood up a pro league that can challenge the NFL.

I'm fine with killing scholarship limits and just controlling it by limiting roster sizes.

Make P5 roster sizes strictly limited to 85. Sign/bring in as many new guys per year as you want. 85 is 85, and it's a hard cap.

Probably means fewer PWO-type of players. Everyone gets a full scholly if you're on the team, period.

Those guys will have to go down to G5/Dakota type schools.

I'm fine with killing scholarship limits and just controlling it by limiting roster sizes.

Make P5 roster sizes strictly limited to 85. Sign/bring in as many new guys per year as you want. 85 is 85, and it's a hard cap.

Probably means fewer PWO-type of players. Everyone gets a full scholly if you're on the team, period.

Those guys will have to go down to G5/Dakota type schools.
North Dakota State will be an excellent home for the Gopher rejects.

Top Bottom