Solomon Brown in Portal

It's certainly not unheard of to get "processed" but I agree I raised an eyebrow at brand new account. Then again how else would we hear about it?

At the same time you rarely hear anyone talk about that process including the folks who are supposedly asked to leave.

I never know what to believe.
Guys who want to play but realize it is not likely to happen on their current team do not need to be asked to leave. With the portal, voluntary culling is the norm.

It seems far more likely to me that they created an account to report what they heard (whether true or not). I mean, if you're going to create an account to troll, is that the moment you've been waiting for?
If you have something real to "report" you would name the source of the information. If you want to put out bullshit you do what lefty (always) did.

Guys who want to play but realize it is not likely to happen on their current team do not need to be asked to leave. With the portal, voluntary culling is the norm.
That's kinda how I figure some things happen... if the coach tells you we don't see it happening here. I gotta think most guys take that to mean it is time to look for a place where it might happen.

That's less "processing" in my mind and more just being honest.

That or I wonder if some guys are invited or encouraged to take a medical retirement. I believe in those cases they keep their scholarship, but aren't with the team. Not a bad deal.

I mean I want to be on the Gophers ... if PJ tells me I'm not going to be on the team I won't like it, but I will appreciate his honesty.

For the record he hasn't ever told me this so I think there's still a chance.

Thomas and Irving are two big losses.

Especially not knowing if Potts and Ibrahim are 100%.
Important losses, yes. But they both might have been battling Williams and Evans for third/fourth slot on the depth chart. In any event, the totality of gains via transfers outweighs losses.

That's kinda how I figure some things happen... if the coach tells you we don't see it happening here. I gotta think most guys take that to mean it is time to look for a place where it might happen.

That's less "processing" in my mind and more just being honest.

That or I wonder if some guys are invited or encouraged to take a medical retirement. I believe in those cases they keep their scholarship, but aren't with the team. Not a bad deal.

I mean I want to be on the Gophers ... if PJ tells me I'm not going to be on the team I won't like it, but I will appreciate his honesty.

For the record he hasn't ever told me this so I think there's still a chance.
I don't think he tells anyone they are not ever going to play. An honest coach tells a player, say Solly Brown, you are right now three deep on the chart. Sapp and Bishop have moved ahead of you because ...... If you want playing time you need to be better (than guys ahead of you) at such and such.

Knowing where he stands player makes his own decision.

What's your source?
There is no source. He's just defending the transfers out and HOPING that's why they left.

I read lots of other message boards...Iowa State fans tout the same crap by saying younger guys have passed the portal transfer out guys on the depth chart.

It's wishful thinking, nothing else.

The reasons kids leave are as varied as why they came in the first place. Don’t worry about.

People always say coaches force guys out all the time, yet you almost never hear a player speak out about it.

The players that left after the spring game didn’t really have a choice. The team needed to get under the scholarship limit, PJ met with them on Sunday and let them know they have to go. Quite a few that still wanted to be Gophers.
You know this how or just making it up? You just going to laugh at people that question you? You sound credible. How’d Fleck get these players to keep quiet? Quite a few still wanted to be gophers? There were only a few that left after the spring game, so what does quite a few even mean?

The Gopher football roster has been a revolving door from the beginning of last season.

Not a great look.

Pretty much every transfer was down the depth chart. This is the new normal.

Coach told me I suck so I'm leaving.

Just what everyone wants to post on their social media.
Coach telling you that you suck isn’t the same as kicking you off the team.

Pretty much every transfer was down the depth chart. This is the new normal.
Are you saying all those low 3* recruits never developed?
And I look at most of the 22 and 23 recruits/commits and see the same pattern.

Some didn't develop, some got beat out by younger players....you know the same thing that happens on every roster all over the country every year.

Mann and Emilien weren’t low three stars, they couldn’t beat out lower rated Michael Brown-Stephens. Solomon Brown was rated fairly low, but he had offers from BC, Cinci, Indiana, Rutgers, and Iowa. He got passed by other similarly rated recruits. Hard to know if they were developing when they leave early too.

We’ve put a lot of low 3 stars in the NFL in the last 2-3 years…

Winfield
Mafe
Johnson
Kieft
Off the top of my head… and
Bateman, Faalele, and Andries we’re either 4s or high 3s…

That’s not even looking at UDFAs like Renner (originally a walk on), Durr, Schlueter, MDT…

"Forced out" seems unlikely. Scholarships cannot be taken away. I find it hard to believe that a coach could consistently "force" players out without Reusse, Souhan, wcco or a random professor being all over it.

I assume the players were told the truth and it probably wasn't easy to hear, but it is their choice. I also assume that everyone of the players is generally pretty competitive and probably wants to be on the field playing rather than watching from the sidelines. Sometimes a transfer is best for everyone.

Mann and Emilien weren’t low three stars, they couldn’t beat out lower rated Michael Brown-Stephens. Solomon Brown was rated fairly low, but he had offers from BC, Cinci, Indiana, Rutgers, and Iowa. He got passed by other similarly rated recruits. Hard to know if they were developing when they leave early too.

It’s as simple as mastering the antithesis of this classic-

Top Bottom