So You'r Saying there's a chance

Cool to be in that top 12 and have his homestate Hawkeyes excluded! Go get him Tubby!

Man, I really don't want to get my hopes up with Duke, Carolina, Kansas etc. all in the mix, but how amazing would it be if we got a recruit like this? Can you imagine this starting lineup... Joesph, Barnes, Williams, White, Sampson III. One of the most athletic line ups you could ever hope to see!

Man, I really don't want to get my hopes up with Duke, Carolina, Kansas etc. all in the mix, but how amazing would it be if we got a recruit like this? Can you imagine this starting lineup... Joesph, Barnes, Williams, White, Sampson III. One of the most athletic line ups you could ever hope to see!

i dont think that line up would happen, i dont think tubby would start a freshman at point especially with cobbs and nolan still being there

Just thought of this, how sweet is it going to be when we get the #1 basketball and the #1 football recruit for the 2010 class! haha.

i dont think that line up would happen, i dont think tubby would start a freshman at point especially with cobbs and nolan still being there

I actually meant Devoe...but yeah Cobbs or Nolen probably would be starting, I just thought Devoe would be better than Nolen by then and I still think Devoe could play pg...

A 2011 lineup of

Cory Joseph (soph)
Devoe Joseph (senior)
Harrison Barnes (soph)
Royce White (junior)
Ralph Sampson (senior)

that lineup is a strong national title contender

even a year earlier, 2010 lineup of:
Cobbs or Cory
Devoe
Barnes
White
Sampson

would have a very good shot at the final 4 too. Still, trying not to get too excited until we get some commits.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but Harrison Barnes mother is a BIG Tubby Smith fan! Now, that likely won't seal the deal or anything like that, but when Mom likes you, it can't hurt.

Harrison Barnes mother is a BIG Tubby Smith fan! Now, that likely won't seal the deal or anything like that, but when Mom likes you, it can't hurt.

From all I've read young Mr. Barnes is very close to his parents. I could really see him staying within a reasonable distance from home. Minnesota, Kansas, others. We're only about three hours from home for him. Close enough for any spur of the moment visits but far enough away to let him be his own man. I like our chances. :)

From all I've read young Mr. Barnes is very close to his parents. I could really see him staying within a reasonable distance from home. Minnesota, Kansas, others. We're only about three hours from home for him. Close enough for any spur of the moment visits but far enough away to let him be his own man. I like our chances. :)

Not to mention the conference road games would be short trips for the parents as well.

Not to mention the conference road games would be short trips for the parents as well.

Good point !

Although I have no idea how fairly regular people do it you hear of a lot of parents following their kids to a school. Honestly - who can do that or would do that ? If he's close to his parents he'll probably stay within a reasonable distance. Kansas or Minnesota would be short trips.

i think next year could have a huge impact on him if we are good. Nothing like coming in and giving an up and coming team the final push over the top

Barnes will no doubt..........

decide before we even tip it off next year. But he has played with Royce and Rodney, and if those relationships are solid......I think we are in the game. We have a hall of fame coach, and an NBA team just down the road.......a metro area of 3 million so there is plenty of publicity.

We'll know by the end of the spring AAU season if we are truly in the on this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

side note: does anyone know how to post videos directly to the forum?

Go to the youtube page, copy the "Embed" code, then paste it into your message.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks! That is what I tried to do at first but it didn't work...

Good to know though.

So then Barnes might be playing in Barnes Barn. Sweet.

Top Bottom