So, y'all remember how great the Texas Tech fans were at the bowl game, right?

TexasAggie11

Reaction score
I remember a few folks on here posting about their experience with Texas Tech fans last bowl season. At least some of them are starting to realize how they act.

http://www.dailytoreador.com/opinion/article_70083808-2006-11e3-9b3d-0019bb30f31a.html

I'm ashamed because people still think it’s cool to butcher our fight song with profanity because someone thought it was cool to tear apart our own stadium; because someone thought it would be funny to throw things onto the field at the opposing team. Most of all, however, I’m ashamed that fans of the opposing team actually feared for the safety of their children because of how rude and violent Tech “fans” were.

The author also went on to say how ashamed he was of the pitiful excuse for a high school diploma he is going to receive from ITT (Texas) Technical Institute.

Tech will be Tech.....that's why we love our Aggie Spirit!

Ok Texas Aggie. This is a very difficult question, but please answer it (all of Gopher Land needs to know): You've experienced Texas Tech Fans and a host of others, but we routinely experience Iowa Fans (Vodka_Samm, Loise Metrodome Bathroom, etc). Who gets the award for the worst fans? Seriously, Iowa Fans really blow. Surely TexasTech fans aren't worse on a routine basis?? These people defile Minnesota as they try to understand flush toilets and running water. They generally arrive drunk and disorderly for an 11:00 am game and leave our fair state in shambles. We'd love your opinion.

I'll never forget the drunk Texas Tech fan attempting to fight an old lady at the bowl game.

In today's off topic thread: Aggie fans thinking they are normal enough to insult anyone.

Ok Texas Aggie. This is a very difficult question, but please answer it (all of Gopher Land needs to know): You've experienced Texas Tech Fans and a host of others, but we routinely experience Iowa Fans (Vodka_Samm, Loise Metrodome Bathroom, etc). Who gets the award for the worst fans? Seriously, Iowa Fans really blow. Surely TexasTech fans aren't worse on a routine basis?? These people defile Minnesota as they try to understand flush toilets and running water. They generally arrive drunk and disorderly for an 11:00 am game and leave our fair state in shambles. We'd love your opinion.
Most of the damage Iowa does (other than our goalpost at the Dome) is self-inflicted, like Samm & Loise. I haven't found them to outwardly hostile and always have a fun time attending games at Kinnick. Wisconsin is a whole other story. Iowa may be more ridiculous, but Wisconsin fans are just down right nasty and unprovokingly hostile.

Most of the damage Iowa does (other than our goalpost at the Dome) is self-inflicted, like Samm & Loise. I haven't found them to outwardly hostile and always have a fun time attending games at Kinnick. Wisconsin is a whole other story. Iowa may be more ridiculous, but Wisconsin fans are just down right nasty and unprovokingly hostile.

I agree with this for the most part. I mainly see Iowa fans throwing up on themselves. I find it sad and funny at the same time. It becomes an issue when the vomit comes close to hitting me.

Wisconsin fans drink more than any big 10 fans. I would know, went to school near Madison. They drink the night before, pass out, wake up and immediately start drinking. They are just used to holding it down more than Iowa fans are.

In all honesty though, I hated going to Camp Randall. People are so damn annoying when they're drunk.

Wisconsin fans drink more than any big 10 fans. I would know, went to school near Madison. They drink the night before, pass out, wake up and immediately start drinking. They are just used to holding it down more than Iowa fans are.

In all honesty though, I hated going to Camp Randall. People are so damn annoying when they're drunk.

Really? I loved Camp Randall when I went to a game there. But then again, I was drunk...

Really? I loved Camp Randall when I went to a game there. But then again, I was drunk...

I loved Camp Randall too, but I had drank the night before, passed out in some pokey sticks and then woke up drinking to be followed by keg races after the game. Yes we outdrank the Wisconsin fools and it was glorious!

I remember a few folks on here posting about their experience with Texas Tech fans last bowl season. At least some of them are starting to realize how they act.

http://www.dailytoreador.com/opinion/article_70083808-2006-11e3-9b3d-0019bb30f31a.html

The author also went on to say how ashamed he was of the pitiful excuse for a high school diploma he is going to receive from ITT (Texas) Technical Institute.

I'm not surprised after reading this article. I was at the bowl game and TT fans are definitely a different breed as in very trashy. I know a few people who went to school in TX and they all abhor TT. The prevailing attitude is anywhere but TT.

Who gets the award for the worst fans?

I've never met an Iowa fan before. Down here in Texas, we like folks who have jobs, and since Texas Tech graduates deliver the pizzas and drive the garbage trucks, it leaves little opportunity for Iowa carpetbaggers.

I'm with Aggie. I HATE Iowa more than anyone ... But the Texas Tech fans we met in Houston last year were even worse than Iowa fans. Truly, I didn't think that was possible (and I didn't think I would ever admit that publicly)!

Well, I don't know anything about Tech fans.. But I do remember how their team was a bunch of cheap shot artists.

B10 grads are basically indistinguishable when sober.

Kinnick sucks because the students drink way too much.

The in game etiquette of Hawkeye fans is the worst.

Yeah, but in Wisconsin they are practically pickled in the womb with the stuff so they are genetically capable of downing more beer than the rest of us are.

Top Bottom