So who's going to buy one of these...

Gopher Bandanna Guy

Irascible Skeptic
Reaction score
mncaa2barber.jpg

'Bout time we had one of our beloved Gophers immortalized in McFarlane figurine form. And no its not a custom made figure, these will be hitting the stores in July apparently! For around 12-15 bucks!

That's awesome! I thought it was a graphical 3d model before I read that it was a figurine.

Yup - these are part of the NCAA series McFarlane figurines puts out, the 6" series, so its a decent size. I have a few of these (Barry Sanders, Marion Barber (Cowboys), Bo Jackson) and they are really detailed and cool looking. I'm especially impressed that MB3 got picked as this is just the 2nd series of NCAA figures to come out, and they usually come out in groups of 6.

Wait....MacFarlane makes an NCAA series now? I haven't followed these for a few years, but I always assumed the licensing wouldn't allow it.

I will definitely be purchasing one, although it looks like they need to get rid of the mud on the pants, unless this was based on the 2004 Music City Bowl:

cf2_mbarber_photo_02_dp.jpg

Good catch - I didn't notice that until you pointed that out. I guess that's what we'll assume it has to be the Music City Bowl vs. 'Bama, what with it being our home jerseys... although then shouldn't the jersey have a Music City Bowl Patch on it? McFarlane often does chase/variant figures, so perhaps there will be a road jersey version as well, that will actually make more sense.

I'm hoping they end up doing a Maroney one too eventually, but perhaps that is greedy. I do actually have a mini (3")-custom Maroney (in home Minny uni) that is one-of-kind, used in an ad for the 2006 NFL draft, where it showed a vending machine with all the other players projected to go in the first round. I'll dig it up at some point and share a pic.

Good catch - I didn't notice that until you pointed that out. I guess that's what we'll assume it has to be the Music City Bowl vs. 'Bama, what with it being our home jerseys... although then shouldn't the jersey have a Music City Bowl Patch on it? McFarlane often does chase/variant figures, so perhaps there will be a road jersey version as well, that will actually make more sense.

I'm hoping they end up doing a Maroney one too eventually, but perhaps that is greedy. I do actually have a mini (3")-custom Maroney (in home Minny uni) that is one-of-kind, used in an ad for the 2006 NFL draft, where it showed a vending machine with all the other players projected to go in the first round. I'll dig it up at some point and share a pic.

Personally I would love an Eric Decker one before Maroney. Love MB3's

Personally I would love an Eric Decker one before Maroney. Love MB3's

You're getting ahead of me - I'd love a Decker one as well, but I need that Maroney to go with the Barber for my 2x years of 1,000 yds each duo on my shelf. That statistic still continues to impress me to this day, as they are part of a pretty elite club of college RBs that have done that.

You're getting ahead of me - I'd love a Decker one as well, but I need that Maroney to go with the Barber for my 2x years of 1,000 yds each duo on my shelf. That statistic still continues to impress me to this day, as they are part of a pretty elite club of college RBs that have done that.

Fantastic reason! I agree that is a rare stat and worthy of recognition!

Those are sweet. Looks like you can pre-order here for $13.99. Not sure if there are other places to purchase or not, but that's one place I found.

Just bought two. One for me and one for my nephew.

When MB3 played at Minnesota he didn't have long hair either... as the doll would suggest.
217714.jpg

Doesn't the MB3 figure from MN look a lot like the Cowboys one? Could they just used the same mold and just painted with his college colors?

Doesn't the MB3 figure from MN look a lot like the Cowboys one? Could they just used the same mold and just painted with his college colors?

I have the Cowboys MB3, and after I looked more closely, indeed you are correct. It is the same damn pose. That would explain the long hair too. Cheapskates. :mad:

Yet, I will still buy at least one. :D

Top Bottom