so who is going to be the frickin' idiot that starts a fire brewster thread?!

Reaction score
brewster didn't lose this game people. i put it on weber for freaking out anytime there was pressure and a pourous right side of the o-line. here is looking at you wills.

I agree. It is not time for this talk. Brewster still needs time to get recruits in and get some consistency at the coordinator position. However, I think Brew needs to make some bold coaching moves like putting Gray in qb more often. Start opening the offense. The offense looked very tight today. We did not stretch the field in the second half until the end of the game.

Whatchu talkin' bout wills? Get off the frickin field and back to the buffet line where you belong!

I'm actually not that upset at Brewster. The players need to quit making poor decisions such as penalties and learn to tackle with their arms..looking at you BPT.

I like what I see from the team *AS A WHOLE*...we have a few gaps to plug and we'll be pretty tough to play.......

i think that you and everyone else who are smearing weber need to go take a snap behind that line and then come back here and tell me how bad weber "freaks out"

i am not calling for his firing, but if there is someone who should be feeling some heat now it is davis.

he came in to improve the line and get us running. we are not running, and the line is just as bad as last year, with better players.

8 penalties, 3 TOs and no adjustments to the badgers running game in the second half. An undisciplined and talentless team goes on the head coach.

8 penalties, 3 TOs and no adjustments to the badgers running game in the second half. An undisciplined and talentless team goes on the head coach.

keep posting. you prove my point that you are a bandwagon idiot with each new post you make. :rolleyes:

Actually the running game wasn't terrible...Eskeridge was getting 4.3ypc.

One thing I will say- the team did not give up. There were numerous times when the team could have given up but they didn't. That is the players feeding off of Brew's can do attitude. Now if we can get a couple more players that can make plays this team can be very good. Also I do think that he needs to play Gray at QB more though.

I agree. It is not time for this talk. Brewster still needs time to get recruits in and get some consistency at the coordinator position. However, I think Brew needs to make some bold coaching moves like putting Gray in qb more often. Start opening the offense. The offense looked very tight today. We did not stretch the field in the second half until the end of the game.

Stop with this "getting his recruits" nonsense. I'm so sick of hearing that. This is his third season and he hasn't won a trophy game, lost to the BADgers every time and changed coordinators a zillion time. STOP!!!

Seriously??? It's not Brewster (yet) The recruits need to start developing soon, though.

The players need to make plays. The only coaching issue I have is the revolving door at D Coordinator. A new one each year = never coming up with a consistency that is needed for a defense to be successful.

Not being able to slow down the Wisconsin counter trey is inexcusable. C'mon Cosgrove!! You did not see that coming on film?

Key point right there...changed coordinators a zillion times. We need to keep a coordinator for more than just one season. I gotta think it's tough learning a new scheme every single year.

"keep posting. you prove my point that you are a bandwagon idiot with each new post you make. "

Nope not a bandwagon fan, just someone that is sick of the mediocrity of this program and bitter because I will never seen a B10 championship in my lifetime.

Key point right there...changed coordinators a zillion times. We need to keep a coordinator for more than just one season. I gotta think it's tough learning a new scheme every single year.

How do you think recruits feel when they meet one coordinator on a visit and then show up to campus six months later and meet a different set of coordinators because the other ones moved on. That's discouraging....BIG TIME!

"keep posting. you prove my point that you are a bandwagon idiot with each new post you make. "

Nope not a bandwagon fan, just someone that is sick of the mediocrity of this program and bitter because I will never seen a B10 championship in my lifetime.

wow! there you go again with your stupid ass posting. i think it is time for you to take "your nappy". :rolleyes:

Stop with this "getting his recruits" nonsense. I'm so sick of hearing that. This is his third season and he hasn't won a trophy game, lost to the BADgers every time and changed coordinators a zillion time. STOP!!!

this comment clearly shows me you really know nothing about college football.

but as many others have said...we need to keep coaches around! that would help alot

How do you think recruits feel when they meet one coordinator on a visit and then show up to campus six months later and meet a different set of coordinators because the other ones moved on. That's discouraging....BIG TIME!

What are you talking about? The old coordinators were gone, and both Cosgrove and Fisch were hired, before signing day. Do you have any other fantasy to complain about?

wow! there you go again with your stupid ass posting. i think it is time for you to take "your nappy". :rolleyes:

So basically unless someone posts delusional, Brewster-cheerleading, Gopher-bobo posts they're stupid? The final score of this game was a lot closer than it should have been. Brewster has made no progress, he's full of hot air and in over his head.

So basically unless someone posts delusional, Brewster-cheerleading, Gopher-bobo posts they're stupid? The final score of this game was a lot closer than it should have been. Brewster has made no progress, he's full of hot air and in over his head.

Thank you. Just ignore Bronko. He doesn't make any sense.

So what makes Bronko an expert. Called me an idiot on another post. I didn't know he has such an expert football mind. I bow to your greatness you jerk. Lack of adjustments during the game falls on the coaches. Wisconsin ran the same running plays in the secon half because we didn't adjust to stop it. Were you watching a different game Bronko? Instead of taking shots at other posters, why don't you shut up until you know what you are talking about.

Brewster was the guy who put Weber in and allowed him to continuously screw up and lose the game for us. Before you tell me Weber is his best option, convince me that Gray is currently worse than Weber performed today.

Brewster is just as much to blame.

Okay, I'm not saying Brewster should be fired, but I'm tired of people saying the cupboard was bare from Mason. No -- the cupboard was bare for Mason from Wacker (who was 1-7 in Big Ten play in each of his last 3 seasons) -- and Mason managed a winning Big Ten record the third year with his notoriously poor recruiting. Mason was 29-35 in the Big Ten from there, only once doing worse than 3 wins and going to a bowl 6 out of 7 years.

If Mason was so bad he was fired, why is Brewster supposedly so great? His recruiting is clearly better than Mason's, his cupboards were clearly better than what Mason started with, yet he's on the same miserable pace as Mason in conference wins. What's worse, he's 0-7 against our 3 main rivals. Mason was 2-6 against those teams in his first three years.

I don't know about you, but I thought it was pretty embarrassing when ESPN showed four EMPTY trophy cases for the nation to see. Great, we play four trophy games -- but we obviously aren't winning them! Everyone know Michigan owns us, and today ESPN made it clear we've lost six straight to Wisconsin -- and I don't have to say more than "55-0" in reference to Iowa.

I don't care what happens. I don't care if Brewster gets it done or we find someone else to. Just FIX IT!

Invitation Accepted

brewster didn't lose this game people. i put it on weber for freaking out anytime there was pressure and a pourous right side of the o-line. here is looking at you wills.

Fire Brewster. 3 years and narry a trophy to be seen in Minneapolis. NEXT!
:clap:
There is no real way to spin this, the man just isn't winning the games we ought to expect from him, the real success litmus test and proud tradition of the trophy games. Frankly the bell [though it matters less in terms of historical significance] and the pig are likely going to be embarrassing games to watch/attend this year, and likely next year as well, so where does that leave us?

/fail
fail08.jpg

Now that I have satisfied that urge I will listen to the same old excuse drivel about his recruits not being ready/in place and hunker down for another year of listening to 'Better things are in the pipeline'; 'He can recruit'; and 'We didn't have naught but a intramural squad's talent level when he came in', whilst pondering 'How do we replace these non-Brewster recruits upon whom this team's success still seems to hinge?' and 'Why are we still luring lukewarm defensive backs with the promise of playing time, shouldn't we have some in the pipeline yet?!?'

The reality is this: Brewster's inability to win these rivalries is the only thing that he should be judged on. Not his Rival's recruiting average. Not the number of years it has been since he called 'do over' and hired a new coordinator. Not the level of interest in the program that is currently more guided by the stadium situation that he carpet-bagged into.

Most importantly, however let us always ask: what is his current success rate against our cross border rivals? Anything but parity with these foes must be unacceptable. Further, does he put us in a position to have any chance of challenging the 'elite' of the conference in Michigan, PSU and OSU? Can he continue comparative recent success in capturing the Bell? Will he at all be ready for a Jug homecoming when he next has his chance? Do the men he brings on campus keep their nose clean and acquit themselves with a modicum of honor on and off the field [read: are they brawling drunks] avoiding shaming 'Gopher Nation'?

Nevermind the fact that the coach is the one who picks the starting QB and RT. Oh yeah, and he and his new OL guru hand picked Wills to start this year. But beyond that, yeah.............

Top Bottom