So what happens if....

Gopherfan12

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed already but if we lose to Nebraska, but Iowa beats Wisconsin how does it all work out then?

Sorry if this has been discussed already but if we lose to Nebraska, but Iowa beats Wisconsin how does it all work out then?

It all comes down to tiebreakers. In your scenario, we would have a minimum of 3 losses, with Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska all at 2 losses. We would be eliminated from the West race because Nebraska would have the tiebreaker over us. The final week of the season would determine who wins the West. If Minnesota loses this week and Wisconsin wins, Wisconsin clinches.

You'd have a three-team race in the final weekend:

If Iowa wins: Iowa would win the division (two losses, would hold the tiebreaker over Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska would have three losses)

If Nebraska and Minnesota win: Nebraska would win the division (Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin would have three losses)

If Nebraska and Wisconsin win: Wisconsin would win the division (would hold the tiebreaker over Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota would have three losses)

A cool graphic was posted in one of the previous threads linked to Nebraska's board: http://mostdopesports.wordpress.com/

screen-shot-2014-11-16-at-1-53-23-pm.png

Cryptic chart, but if I'm reading it right all 4 of our paths to winning the West require us to win both our games...

Cryptic chart, but if I'm reading it right all 4 of our paths to winning the West require us to win both our games...

Correct. Lose and we're out, because there will be a division champion with at most 2 conference losses, and we're sitting on 2 now. Same deal for Nebraska and Iowa. Wisconsin is the only team that could withstand a loss this weekend and still have a chance to advance to the championship game.

Well frankly i don't care to discuss alternatives because we're winning out damnit. Devondre Campbell said it and that's how it's going to be

Top Bottom