So, what do we need to do to make the tournament?

Wrong on both accounts.

It's not a terrible loss b/c of their record, their SOS, and RPI. They are an NCAA Tourney team.

Second, a loss is a loss. It doesn't matter if we got beat by 10 after being down the whole game, or being up 20 pts losing by 1 at the buzzer.

I didn't say a terrible loss in the eyes of the committee did I?

You're free to your opinion. But the Selection Committee actually looks at 'bad losses' as a criteria, and this does not even come close to qualifying as a bad loss by that definition, and that is what I referring to. We don't have ANY bad losses by thier defination. It's the reason our RPI is still very high despite not having the strongest SOS, and it's why we still have a very strong resume. I know that's hard to see in the heat of a tough loss. We do need to win one tournament game in all likelyhood. But that should be enough, regardless of who it's against. If it's over NW or OSU, that's another quality win the resume. Even if it's over Iowa, the main objective would be to avoid a damaging loss.

NW does not deserve all this hype, we drilled them here at home and handed them the game at NW on a silver platter.

OSU will drill us in Indy, it'll be like a home game for them. I will agree with you on avoiding the damaging loss, give me Iowa please.

I didn't say a terrible loss in the eyes of the committee did I?

NW does not deserve all this hype, we drilled them here at home and handed them the game at NW on a silver platter.

OSU will drill us in Indy, it'll be like a home game for them. I will agree with you on avoiding the damaging loss, give me Iowa please.

OSU is not my first choice, but we did beat them once and have a legit shot at them in Columbus.

I don't really see how it will be a home game for them in Indy. In this economy and Indiana being awful, I expect the crowds as a whole to be pathetic, frankly. Purdue will have the most. IU will still have the second most (maybe 1st). OSU may have the 3rd most fans, but it still won't amount to much. Actually Illinois will likely outdraw OSU.

Wisc has a strength of schedule in the Top 5 and an RPI in the high 20s or 30s I believe.

NW has absolutely no chance, none. Michigan deserves to be in the tournament, and they could make something happen. After watching that brutal game, I feel like we are a one and done team in the NCAA, maybe win one or 2 in the NIT.

Coming in to today Wisconsin's RPI was 31 and their SOS was #6. Playing Indiana will probably move their SOS lower and beating them isn't going to help their RPI.

Our RPI was 32 entering today and I'd guess it falls to about 37-40 after this loss.

I was really hoping to talke the selection committee out of the equation. I guess it'll just be an anxious time.

well the good thing is that if we lose our next game we won't be worrying about the Selection Committee on Selection Sunday, and we can lay back and relax and watch some mediocre basketball in the NIT instead of having the blood pressure build up in the NCAA tourney. See, this is healthy for us all! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom