So what are the BTT possibilities?

From the Barn

Reaction score
We can be anywhere from a 7 to a 10, and can play any of the following: Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and any one else?

What has to happen to make each possibility happen?

I'll leave that to Selection Sunday except to say that I'm pretty sure we can still be at least as high as 6, even 5 though, I think that would require a Bucky loss to Indiana. I also know Iowa is not going to get credit for 5 wins today, so we cannot be the 10 seed. Good lord.

Wisconsin will beat Indiana at home, Ohio State will be NU at home, the Penn state game right now does not matter they have 10 wins! Which drops us to a #8 seed and playing Northwestern the #9 seed at 11:00 AM on Thursday.

Wisconsin will beat Indiana at home, Ohio State will be NU at home, the Penn state game right now does not matter they have 10 wins! Which drops us to a #8 seed and playing Northwestern the #9 seed at 11:00 AM on Thursday.

And I have a midterm that ends at 11 AM...S*#T!!

And if NU you wins they go where?

We can be anywhere from a 7 to a 10, and can play any of the following: Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and any one else?

What has to happen to make each possibility happen?

If NU loses this weekend as we'd suppose they will, then I think right now an 8-seed Gophers team would play a 9-seed Northwestern team. This might actually be a GOOD thing, because since Northwestern is such a quality team, a win over them might be enough to send the Gophers dancing. On the other hand, a win against Iowa or Indiana might not do enough for us, forcing us to have to win 2 BTT games....

...and since we can't really expect two teams in a row to miss more than 60% of their continuously wide-open 3's, it'll be a one-and-done for the Gophers in any tournament (BTT, NCAA, or NIT). The Gophers better guard Northwestern smart. NU can't beat us inside, they're even worse than Michigan - so GUARD THE F*#*@$#* PERIMETER.

Isn't head to head and then how many wins against teams higher than you in the conference?

Top Bottom