So the Illinois loss...

Gopherfan12

Reaction score
So does that loss not matter anymore? Either way we would have to win at Wisconsin right?

The only way it matters is if your name is Phil Mackey and you care about a meaningless ranking.

It means nothing in the standings unless Wisconsin loses today and last week. Then we would have clinched today.

Alright good at least we won't have to listen about how that loss will come back to haunt us anymore

It sucks that it happened but it means nothing in the standings unless wisco loses today. Next weeks game for the axe would still be for all the marbles. I suppose it might matter for which bowl we go too.

Where it matters is bowl selection. But that said, they made up for it by destroying Iowa and handling Nebraska, not to mention scaring OSU a bit. I'm not sure that loss wasn't the turning point this season, because they've been playing MUCH better football since.

(I also think Limegrover has been mixing up calls a lot better since that game as well, or at least since the abysmal first half there. I know ya'll don't like me saying it, but Limey's gamecalling seems quite different since @Illinois halftime.)

Where it matters is bowl selection. But that said, they made up for it by destroying Iowa and handling Nebraska, not to mention scaring OSU a bit. I'm not sure that loss wasn't the turning point this season, because they've been playing MUCH better football since.

(I also think Limegrover has been mixing up calls a lot better since that game as well, or at least since the abysmal first half there. I know ya'll don't like me saying it, but Limey's gamecalling seems quite different since @Illinois halftime.)

I don't think it will affect bowl selection either. Win the division and we're likely in the citrus bowl. Win the championship and it's new year's 6 bowl. Finish 5-3 and it's holiday/outback bowl.

I personally don't think the Illinois game would affect that. 6-2 but 2nd in the division would still keep us out of the citrus.

Top Bottom