So Reusse takes a shot at Gopher ticket sales yet the Vikes have sold out 1 game?

GoGophers2005

Reaction score
What the f?

And I'll add why doesn't Ruesse actually do some research and figure out why college teams play second fiddle to the NFL in pretty much every market they share. Why not include that a 'great' college program like Miami has averaged less in attendance than Minnesota yet winning 4 National Championships since the 80's.

You're confusing Reusse with a journalist. He just spouts of his opinion in his column as an editorial writer. He'll never let facts and figures get in the way of a chance to bag on the Gophers.

He's from rural Minnesota and will never let go of his jealousy of the big city and it's University

The distinction between journalist and pundit has blurred over the years to the point where it barely exists, if it exists at all. Opinion used to mean something, it meant an honest, informed, expert opinion. Now it is a blank check, the "opinion" writer doesn't have to know or care. If Reusse were to retire today, and his column was replaces with a blank space in the paper, readers would be no less well-informed.

I've been making this point for the past few days. Last season the Vikes had only one game sold out until #4 arrived and that was the opener. Two years ago Fox 9 had to purchase tickets to multiple games to get the Vikes to a sellout so they could broadcast the games. It's not like people have been clamoring all over eachother to get Vikings tickets.

The Vikes aren't playing in a brand new stadium (only second season) and their tickets cost a lot more than the Gophers.

Pat wasn't ripping us for not selling out games at the Dome...this is entirely a result of our inability to sustain the excitement of the new stadium for more than one season.

Go Gophers!!

93% renewed tickets Bleed.

The Vikes aren't playing in a brand new stadium (only second season) and their tickets cost a lot more than the Gophers.

Pat wasn't ripping us for not selling out games at the Dome...this is entirely a result of our inability to sustain the excitement of the new stadium for more than one season.

Go Gophers!!

For a 6-7 team with no signature win I think that is pretty good. Mark my words, if the Purple don't make the Super Bowl this year and the Golden Boy retires ( which is a given) the dome will look like a 1:00 am parking lot. They are losing a ton of guys to free agency next year and their QB's couldn't even crack the CFL or arena football.

Top Bottom