So I guess Northwestern isn't the worst team in the Big Ten?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
It's been a popular opinion on here. Cats just beat Maryland. Aren't there multiple teams with 0 or 1 wins in the conference?

NW loss looking nowhere as bad if you don't look at the end game collapse. Good for them!

The B1G in general is better than many people think. To my eyes, B1G football is real football — as opposed to basketball on grass.

With today’s win, the Gophers haven’t lost this year to any team under .500. Their 3 losses come to teams with a combined 18-5 record.

While that NW loss was still an awful choke job, the fact that we lost isn’t as damning now as we thought then.

With today’s win, the Gophers haven’t lost this year to any team under .500. Their 3 losses come to teams with a combined 18-5 record.

While that NW loss was still an awful choke job, the fact that we lost isn’t as damning now as we thought then.
Up 21 in the 4th and it’s not damning? Seriously get some neutral glasses

Not that it would be easy, but if the Gophers lose only to Ohio State, they'll win the West as they'll have tie-breakers over Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Not that it would be easy, but if the Gophers lose only to Ohio State, they'll win the West as they'll have tie-breakers over Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska.
Iowa and Nebraska need one more conference loss, they only have 2. The play each other so one of them will pick it up, hopefully the other one picks up a loss earlier. Also, we don't win if Northwestern wins out as they only have 3 conference losses at the moment. Gophs still need a little help to control their own destiny, but hopefully by the OSU game things will be clearer.

Oregon looked just fine against Utah, which I've seen referred to on here as "the most Big Ten like team in the PAC".

We'll see how Wash does against them in two weeks.

Last edited:

Up 21 in the 4th and it’s not damning? Seriously get some neutral glasses
You didn’t see the “awful choke job” reference? Yes, it was damning, but not as damning as we initially thought because NW isn’t nearly as bad as everyone assumed.

Shocked by that result. Maryland looked really good earlier in the season.

Our NW loss is still a really bad loss the way it unfolded, but I can now move it above Bowling Green. That loss is still the biggest flop in the PJ era.
No, Northwestern still worse even though they are a much better team than BG. It was a conference game, we led by 21 in 4th quarter and coaches had all the tools needed to win. Passing game was 13-16 in first three quarters. Evans was waiting on the sideline. Fleck refused to utilize either option to make a few first downs and keep NW offense off the field.

People seem to perpetually think Maryland is better than they are. I still remember the year they had the "most talented team in the B1G."
I thought their coach was the worst in the big ten. And then I over compensated and overrated him early in this season and off-season

Typical Maryland. September greatness that isn’t sustainable.

I think their QB SHOULD be top 3 in the conference. Which should’ve been enough to go 9-3 or 10-2 against their schedule.

NW loss looking nowhere as bad if you don't look at the end game collapse. Good for them!
Not about how good NW is looking (quite good, thank you). It’s about blowing a 21 point 4th quarter lead. Would be no less bad if it was Wisconsin or Mason losing to Michigan when up 28 in 4th quarter.

The B1G in general is better than many people think. To my eyes, B1G football is real football — as opposed to basketball on grass.
Were you impressed with the USC/Cal battle in the trenches yesterday?🤓

Still is. Choke job. Dumb coaching trying to run out the clock for 15 minutes. Amateur.

The OSU is beatable by more than Michigan. Whisky played them even until they lost Allen.

No, Northwestern still worse even though they are a much better team than BG. It was a conference game, we led by 21 in 4th quarter and coaches had all the tools needed to win. Passing game was 13-16 in first three quarters. Evans was waiting on the sideline. Fleck refused to utilize either option to make a few first downs and keep NW offense off the field.
A few (1st downs) gives too much credit to how close it was…. We only needed 1 more. Burn 5 seconds. That’s the ball game.

Top Bottom