So happy for Cole and Darius!

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Kramer hit only 50%, but threw for two TDs and ran for one. Darius had 208 yards at six per carry, which is gold standard territory. Nubin looked good in relief and the defense kept the Gophers in the kind of game they don't like, a wild passing attack. Kramer's 50% included some unwise Hail Marys, and fades, but he showed us that he could have played at times this year and made the difference in a couple of losses. He deserved better, but now has a great story for his grandchildren - started in a bowl, was crucial to winning the game. Came to the rescue, so to speak...

Does Kramer join Gil Fash as the only starting QB to finish his career undefeated?

Kramer hit only 50%, but threw for two TDs and ran for one. Darius had 208 yards at six per carry, which is gold standard territory. Nubin looked good in relief and the defense kept the Gophers in the kind of game they don't like, a wild passing attack. Kramer's 50% included some unwise Hail Marys, and fades, but he showed us that he could have played at times this year and made the difference in a couple of losses. He deserved better, but now has a great story for his grandchildren - started in a bowl, was crucial to winning the game. Came to the rescue, so to speak...
16 attempts for 26 yards. There's a reason Fleck stuck with AK.

I would rather have ugly stats and win than see brilliant stats and lose

How did he show he would have made a difference in a couple of losses? I’m happy for him but I don’t understand that.

yeah, Kramer's passing performance makes it pretty clear why they didn't bench AK even with the struggles this season.

But agree with the title of the thread and feel great for Kramer and Taylor. Great way for Kramer to end his football career, the numbers were not pretty but he threw a couple TD passes and got to run one in as well. Taylor continued to show that he is a difference maker at RB. 800 yards in 5 games is impressive no matter who the opponents were.

Correct. Forgot all about him. If I recall, his passing stats weren't that great either in that game.
1/7 7 yards and 1 INT

Gophers won 24-7 after the game was delayed for thunderstorms

I don't know if he would have completed the passes or not but on the 2 plays he got hit as he threw (interception and 1st play of 2nd half), he had guys open deep down the middle in 1 on 1. Jackson on the INT and I couldn't tell on the 2nd. Big time fan by Ersery on the 1st one (might have been him on 2nd one too).

Assuming Jackson was our best WR on the field, he had a pretty bad day by my reckoning. Some of that on Kramer but he did not distinguish himself otherwise, which contributed to that stat.

I don't know if he would have completed the passes or not but on the 2 plays he got hit as he threw (interception and 1st play of 2nd half), he had guys open deep down the middle in 1 on 1. Jackson on the INT and I couldn't tell on the 2nd. Big time fan by Ersery on the 1st one (might have been him on 2nd one too).

Ersery and TE mixed assignments.

Second one Carroll got toasted around the edge

Assuming Jackson was our best WR on the field, he had a pretty bad day by my reckoning. Some of that on Kramer but he did not distinguish himself otherwise, which contributed to that stat.

Did Jackson do something wrong? I don’t think he had any drops, penaltiesc etc.

Bad stats for every pass catcher. Common denominator might have been the QB…

Top Bottom