So Dish Might Drop The Big Ten Network

Are you serious ? If so WHEN are they considering dropping the BTN.

It'll probably never happen, but there needs to be a point where the pay TV providers put out some sort of ala carte plan. You pay for the networks that you want to watch.

This will be brutal. Not only for football, but all other BTN sports as well, mainly basketball.

I've had Dish for about 7 years now and have had enough. Not only do I miss "The Walking Dead" and "Hell on WHeels" from AMC but the pending loss of the BTN is just too much. Sure they may settle their differences before 9/1 but I'm tired of not knowing. I switched to DirectTV. They are installing it from 8-12 on Saturday so I may miss some early kickoffs but I'm not looking back.

Charter already dropped it off of expanded basic where I live. Now we have to buy the whole sports package just to see the games.

I switched to DirectTV and have been generally pleased with the service, options and TV quality.

I live in a windy area though and I can tell you that the whole, "Oh cool! It's raining outside and now I can't watch TV!" thing isn't really that cool, especially being that the main times I'm going to watch TV are when it's raining/snowing/generally unbearable outside. But if you've had Dish, you know all about that, too.

If you switch to DirectTV, mention a friend that has the service and you get a rebate. There's also a rebate for entering in auto pay, too.

Also, call Directv every few months and ask for free stuff or money off your bill. i have also asked for the NFL Sunday ticket for free the past few years and they have given it to me.

Charter already dropped it off of expanded basic where I live. Now we have to buy the whole sports package just to see the games.

Are you sure about that?

Here in Alexandria it is no longer on ch 65 but it was moved to a digital channel 425. It's not a sports tier but you need a 'cable box' such as HD box or a Digital box($5 per mo).

If you already have a cable box try ch 425....I'll bet that works.

If this happens, I will be flat out PISSED!! I just switched from directv to dish last Friday. When I called they asked me what channels I want. I said specifically that I wanted Big Ten Network. They got me set up, I signed the contract and now this! I'm happy otherwise, but if they drop BTN, I will be calling and asking to get out of the contract.

This is why you don't have Dish. They are doing/did the same thing with AMC.

Yeah, I guess we will find out soon if it is going to happen our not. What a pain in the a$$

Top Bottom