so bummed a.j. barker was not able to make it back for the nebby game

supadupafly

Reaction score
i truly believe this team just plays better when he is on the field. his routes are really good and he has great hands. kind of a toned-down version of a smaller eric decker. was really hoping he was going to make the nebby game. anyone know if this is precautionary and we should expect to see him back for the MSU and bowl games? or is his foot injury more serious that we think?

he does have a nifty catch and turn up field that is top tier BT.

Agreed that he will be missed again (especially as a deep threat).
The playcalling in this game from the Gophers will be really interesting to watch. Do they run commit to run on 1st and 2nd down even if they go three and out on the first 2-3 drives?
Will the defense try a lot of stunts blitzes or just have the safeties cheat up towards the line and play in their lanes?

It is hard to know because: (1) It is an ankle injury and it is difficult to know how long it will take to heal. In someways, a sprain can be harder to heal than a broken bone. That is because when a broken bone heals it can be stronger than it was before but a sprain might never be as strong as it was originally. Every body and case is different. (2) Coach Kill doesn't speculate too much when it comes to injuries. He plays it fairly close to the vest, especially when things are uncertain.

Agreed that he will be missed again (especially as a deep threat).
The playcalling in this game from the Gophers will be really interesting to watch. Do they run commit to run on 1st and 2nd down even if they go three and out on the first 2-3 drives?
Will the defense try a lot of stunts blitzes or just have the safeties cheat up towards the line and play in their lanes?

I know with or without Barker if I was Nebraska or any other team playing us for that matter I would stack the box to stop the run and make you beat me through the air. Unlike Purdue however I would tell my DB's to stay at home and play things striaghtup as opposed to trying to be heros and get an INT on every play by jumping the route.

Terrible news if in fact he can't play...I can't see anyway we'll hang with Nebraska without Barker. I'm thinking this will be ugly...41-7ish.

Major bummer. Sad on all fronts but extra frustrating to consider his injury happened after he had already crossed the goal line while he was running free on a great play.

i truly believe this team just plays better when he is on the field. his routes are really good and he has great hands. kind of a toned-down version of a smaller eric decker. was really hoping he was going to make the nebby game. anyone know if this is precautionary and we should expect to see him back for the MSU and bowl games? or is his foot injury more serious that we think?

I believe he suited up for Michigan and reinjured it during warm-ups, which must have slowed recovery.

It is hard to know because: (1) It is an ankle injury and it is difficult to know how long it will take to heal. In someways, a sprain can be harder to heal than a broken bone. That is because when a broken bone heals it can be stronger than it was before but a sprain might never be as strong as it was originally. Every body and case is different. (2) Coach Kill doesn't speculate too much when it comes to injuries. He plays it fairly close to the vest, especially when things are uncertain.

It may take several weeks if not months to fully heal. Soft tisue injuries I was told never seem to heal fast because we constantly re-injure ourselves and this process stops us from getting better sooner.

I sustained a micro-tear in my left achillis heel last September while running outdoors. It is now November, and I am still limping. It will take at least three months. If I try to go running sooner I run the risk of missing out on running for an entire year.

Even with Barker I don't understand why we pound the rock so predictably. We come out & run run run whereas we should use the pass to set up the run...

Barker is definitely our best WR... sucks he's going to be out for a game we are really outgunned & need every weapon available...

Top Bottom