So all the "experts" were right

GoldenHerbs

Reaction score
When I saw all the different publications picking the Gophers to go 1-11 or 2-10, I thought they were just Gopher haters like most and were totally off base. But wow was I wrong. I was sippin the Brewster prepared kool-aid a little too much I guess. After last nights performance I dont know how they can win 1 Big Ten game. I hope Maturi or whoever is the AD at the time makes a good hire, cause Im soooo sick of mediocrity.

The AD House needs to be cleaned Maturi, Brewster must go! Now! We are going in to the changes in the "Big Ten" at the most distinct disadvantage of any school.

When I saw all the different publications picking the Gophers to go 1-11 or 2-10, I thought they were just Gopher haters like most and were totally off base. But wow was I wrong. I was sippin the Brewster prepared kool-aid a little too much I guess. After last nights performance I dont know how they can win 1 Big Ten game. I hope Maturi or whoever is the AD at the time makes a good hire, cause Im soooo sick of mediocrity.

If Purdue loses any more players, they're the only team I think we have a chance to beat at this point. For us it will be a close game, but at least at the end of this year, the Purdue faithful know that injuries had more to do with this season than little thinks, like, say coaching.

And Doogie was right about Brew.

But completely wrong about this year. Really thought they'd win 6... never thought that for 5 straight home games (Ill. & So. Dak. St. last year), fans would constantly be chanting, "Fire Brewster." Brew can land on his feet with his connections as an assistant, & get a nice check to go away. I feel sorry for a few of his assistants that may not be able to find another job.

But completely wrong about this year. Really thought they'd win 6... never thought that for 5 straight home games (Ill. & So. Dak. St. last year), fans would constantly be chanting, "Fire Brewster." Brew can land on his feet with his connections as an assistant, & get a nice check to go away. I feel sorry for a few of his assistants that may not be able to find another job.

Are you talking about Cosgrove? He should have enough money to retire back to Madison and return to the high school level.

I was a kool-aid drinker until the USD game too. I think mainly because I expected us to be better than this in year 4. Noticed plenty of fans leaving early last night on tv and lots of empty seats before the game was over.

Yeah Purdue and possibly Northwestern are the only scenarios I see for a W. I read that the Gophers havent lost 3 non conference game since like 1898, what a joke. In no way shape or form do I want Mason back but I remember beating the cupcakes 60-3 with him.

Are you talking about Cosgrove? He should have enough money to retire back to Madison and return to the high school level.

Definitely him. Tim Davis? Although his friend at Wash. might have a job for him. Hammock will be fine (he must really regret turning down that Michigan St. offer last offseason). More I think about it -- mind moving slow this a.m. -- outside of Cosgrove, all should be able to find some job.

The day Brewster hired Cosgrove, I knew it was over. In a steaming pile of horrible decisions by Brewster, that one took the cake.

Definitely him. Tim Davis? Although his friend at Wash. might have a job for him. Hammock will be fine (he must really regret turning down that Michigan St. offer last offseason). More I think about it -- mind moving slow this a.m. -- outside of Cosgrove, all should be able to find some job.

Vosgrove's only hope is that his buddy brad Childress will give him a QC job next year with the Vikings. I do think that hid coaching career is done atleast at the BCS level.

Look where Nebraska is since they got rid of Callahan and Cosgrove, they made a great hire with Pellini and are back to contending for Big 12 titles. Though I liked Brews enthusiasm and his heart, the guy was a All American Rose Bowl winning TE at Illinois, he just simply cant coach a kickball team. Wish this nightmare would end. Ive lived in Iowa unfortunately for about 6 yrs and its brutal being a Gophers fan during football season down here.

I don't think any reasonable fan considered the possibility of another one win season. Now it is hard to imagine another win this year.

Yeah Purdue and possibly Northwestern are the only scenarios I see for a W. I read that the Gophers havent lost 3 non conference game since like 1898, what a joke. In no way shape or form do I want Mason back but I remember beating the cupcakes 60-3 with him.

Forget about NW. There is no way we are beating them. They have looked very good so far this season. Our only chance of a win is against Purdue. Even though Ill. has lost some games, they do not look as dysfunctional as our team.

I remember posting an article from CFN saying the Gophers would go 2-10 and all the GHs ripping it apart and saying how the author did not know anything about what they were talking about. It appears they were spot on and we had maroon colored glasses on.

how on earth do we beat purdue or nw? We could spot each of them 14 points and still lose. This is not 2008 or even 2009!! Our reality in 2010 is that we will win one game, against an opponent who was completely unprepared to face us with a rookie qb in week one. Rome has burned, all survivors have hit the exits either phyisically or mentally. We could win every remaining game on our schedule and his seat would still be very hot due to the questionable losses early on. Game over folks.

If Purdue loses any more players, they're the only team I think we have a chance to beat at this point. For us it will be a close game, but at least at the end of this year, the Purdue faithful know that injuries had more to do with this season than little thinks, like, say coaching.

To put it in perspective for Purdue we lost -

Number One RB in the off-season
Number One WR in the second game, was also pre-season all Big Ten and possibly the best returning WR in the conference.
Starting QB gone for the year.

Our back-up QB was declared academically ineligible and can't play this season.

Our second string RB has seen limited action because of a turf toe injury forcing us to use our back-up WRs as our Running Backs.

The starting QB for the rest of the season will be a redshirt freshman who was supposed to be a wildcat QB. Behind him is a true freshman.

If you assume we did not have these losses we would have likely gone 3-1 in non conference instead of 2-2, and probably 3-5 in conference, maybe 4-4. With the losses maybe one win in conference is possible.

Going into the season most fans were hoping some decent QB play and an easier schedule would allow us to back into a bowl game. Now expectations are at rock bottom and we just want to win Homecoming against Minnesota and hopefully a win over IU in the last home game.

I was thinking the same thing - the magazines were right and we were wrong. Losing nine starters on defense is what they usually cited and we (fans here) underplayed that with the notion that better, younger talent was moving up. After being shredded by South Dakota and Northern Illinois, we can see that wasn't true.

I'm still laughing at Schnewster saying this team has a "Quiet Confidence" about themselves...

After watching them the first 4 games the one thing I agree with is they are quiet...cuz there is absolutely nothing to talk about...

I thought 5 wins, but more importantly, steady improvement throughout the season.

Look where Nebraska is since they got rid of Callahan and Cosgrove, they made a great hire with Pellini and are back to contending for Big 12 titles. Though I liked Brews enthusiasm and his heart, the guy was a All American Rose Bowl winning TE at Illinois, he just simply cant coach a kickball team. Wish this nightmare would end. Ive lived in Iowa unfortunately for about 6 yrs and its brutal being a Gophers fan during football season down here.

Pellini is the guy I wanted hired. They needed to throw a pile of cash at him to convince him they were serious about football at Minnesota. They failed.

I liked Pellini better than Patterson, who apparently had his doubts and walked on Maturi.

I wonder what Tubby Smith's take on this whole mess might be. Having dealt with Maturi, and being a smart guy, Tubby could boil it down to one or two thoughts, and Maturi is probably a large part of the problem.

Top Bottom