So according to the formula...

GopherHomer

Am I Though?
Reaction score
that the Brewster Bashers put out there for us to compute effective coaching, Brewster did a very good job last night. If you want him fired for a lot of penalties on the field, you have to praise him when commit hardly any. If was a hell of a coaching effort last night. Also, we dominated the second half so Brewster must have made some GREAT second half adjustments to use another one of your cliches. McKnight, who just started playing football three years ago looked great at wide receiver. Truly an amazing job of developing and nurturing talent. We are on the right track...

that the Brewster Bashers put out there for us to compute effective coaching, Brewster did a very good job last night. If you want him fired for a lot of penalties on the field, you have to praise him when commit hardly any. If was a hell of a coaching effort last night. Also, we dominated the second half so Brewster must have made some GREAT second half adjustments to use another one of your cliches. McKnight, who just started playing football three years ago looked great at wide receiver. Truly an amazing job of developing and nurturing talent. We are on the right track...

:) Nice.

I'm not sure if the original post is meant to be sarcastic or not...

They're on the right track? Yeah right! :cool02:

Art, if you watched the game and saw anything the team played much better, our QB missed 28pts that were there. Otherwise, the improvement was pretty good.

Art, if you watched the game and saw anything the team played much better, our QB missed 28pts that were there. Otherwise, the improvement was pretty good.

Huh?

The only positive was the defense but they all graduate.

Number one is the redshirting of the young kids!!! The defensive team played well for the most part, and there are alot of young kids that have been brought along slowly that will step in next yr. and do well. The O-line has improved slowly, but has come along in the pass blocking. Ru.nning game was better last night, and with another yr, both the line and running game will be better. They did make progress. The problem is at QB Weber cannot lead the team. The team did their jobs and got us in the position to score 28 more pts. easily last nite if Weber could make the throws. The first pass to Mcknight was underthrown or TD, the pass to Gray was terrible or that was a TD, the next pass to McKnight on the goalline was high or TD, the wide open pass to Kusnia was in the dirt or TD, the 2nd pass to Stodamier was in the dirt or TD. And the pass where Stodameir fell was high and behind him, and had nothing to do with it being intercepted. How would you feel with with a 42-14 game. Thats what it should have been. THEY WILL BE A BETTER TEAM NEXT YR IF THEY CAN FIGURE OUT QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

littlebigboy you know nothing and it is clear you do not have a grasp on the game of college football. that really is sad for such an opinonated ass like yourself.

littlebigboy you know nothing and it is clear you do not have a grasp on the game of college football. that really is sad for such an opinonated ass like yourself.

How so? Everything he said there is 100% accurate if you actually watched the game other than looking @ Boxscores...

I'll give some credit to Cosgrove. It's not always pretty, but his job is to keep the bad guys from putting points on the board. 14 is good--yesterday, today, forever.

I'm with little big boy on this. Granted I missed the worst half of the game being stuck in my vehicle driving. The second half was good, filled with lots of promise. young guys doing well. it was what I was watching for. After all if this year was about development, which I believe it was, then the eyeballs should have been focused on the future. And I like what I see. In fact i was quite impressed with Brewsters conduct given the incredible amount of frustration he must have been feeling.

Wilhite looked great, McKnight furthur cemented my opinion of him as a future star, I thought outside of the game losing fumble gray looked great. Kirksey made a beautiful downfield tackle showing speed. OL continued their improvement as it seemed Weber had plenty of time to decide who was going to sack him. Many things looked promising. Hated the play calling. Now you can all continue on with your doom and gloom.

Remember

Although this game was extremely disappointing, let's remember that without a ridiculously inexcusable fumble from Gray--the Gophers win yesterday.

The O-line will be much better mixing in the redshirts+Gjere (and Henderson?) with the couple Gopher linemen who improved as the year went on. The D is getting better consistently, and should be much more athletic throughout the secondary. McKnight could turn into a superstar. Really, even an average Big Ten QB should be able to put this unit in upper middle part of the conference next year.

To me that equals 7 wins next year, maybe even 8!

I'm with you, Brewster is wonderful. Why should we expect our defense to be on the field ready for the play to start? Why should we expect the coaches to save their timeouts when they are needed at the end of the game. Why should we expect the coaches to be able to decide on one quarterback? You are right. We expect way too much from Brewster. He's doing a great job. Let's show our confidence and give him a lifetime extension.

I think we always need to be careful on the what-if stuff ... I love your optimism, and it'll be hard for the redshirt O-linemen not to be better, but we also need to acknowledge that they are mystery.
As for Henderson, Rivals hears that he might be a silent verbal to Notre Dame. The USC rumors are certainly out there. Bottom-line, it looks like he is not coming here.

All of our timeouts were proper calls. Unfortunately they were all self inflicted situations.

Top Bottom