Slab of Bacon

GopherFanatic19

Reaction score
I think it is time that Wisky hands us over the Slab of Bacon. It makes me mad that our coach wouldn't take it and then it somehow got lost in a closet yet the scores were updated up till the 70's. I think it is time maybe that a MN kid accept an offer to UW, steal the trophy back and hand it over to the UM!!! Or a group of fans come up with a plan to sneak in and take it. That is our trophy and it should be here at home with the GOPHERS!

Maybe they should put it in with the AXE where we play for two trophies in one game. Whoever wins the game gets the AXE and takes home the BACON!!!!

I LOVE MY GOPHERS!!!!

LETS GET THAT AXE TODAY!!!

Seriously? Get over it. Move on. Maybe we should worry about beating Wisconsin a few times and getting the upper hand in this rivalry first instead of worrying about something that happend 68 years ago! Not to mention the fact that it was us who refused the trophy and sent it back. If I was Wisconsin I would have done the same damn thing! You don't want, fine, we'll take it. Stop sounding like a bunch of weak, whining, cry babies and worry about getting the upper hand of this rivalry back! To make this plea when we get our asses kicked year in and year out is absolutely irrelevant and stupid.

Seriously? Get over it. Move on. Maybe we should worry about beating Wisconsin a few times and getting the upper hand in this rivalry first instead of worrying about something that happend 68 years ago! Not to mention the fact that it was us who refused the trophy and sent it back. If I was Wisconsin I would have done the same damn thing! You don't want, fine, we'll take it. Stop sounding like a bunch of weak, whining, cry babies and worry about getting the upper hand of this rivalry back! Furthermore, this post is irrelevant and stupid.

Fixed that for you.

Seriously? Get over it. Move on. Maybe we should worry about beating Wisconsin a few times and getting the upper hand in this rivalry first instead of worrying about something that happend 68 years ago! Not to mention the fact that it was us who refused the trophy and sent it back. If I was Wisconsin I would have done the same damn thing! You don't want, fine, we'll take it. Stop sounding like a bunch of weak, whining, cry babies and worry about getting the upper hand of this rivalry back! To make this plea when we get our asses kicked year in and year out is absolutely irrelevant and stupid.

First of all, we already have the upper hand in this rivalry, we lead it by 6 games. And I'm not really sure what you mean by "getting our asses kicked year in and year out," unless you're referring to referring to the Badgers completely rolling us by 3 points in 2008 and 2009, or kicking our butts up and down the field and killing our 1-11 2007 squad by 7. Then there's the time we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in 2005. Last year would be the closest thing to an ass kicking that we've gotten from the Badgers in the last 4 years, when we lost 41-23, and even that wasn't so bad compared to the 70 and 83 points they put up on Northwestern and Indiana respectively.

I would like to see us start winning again in this rivalry though, and I think we will with Kill.

Revisionist history? I thought it "disappeared" and that's why we never got it.
Our coach during WWII said we shouldn't be sharing trophies during the war so it was sent back aand the axe was put in in 1948 because Wisconsin lost the bacon

Our coach during WWII said we shouldn't be sharing trophies during the war so it was sent back aand the axe was put in in 1948 because Wisconsin "lost" the bacon

Fixed it for you. Fact is they kept recording the scores on the slab until 1970.

Top Bottom