Skunks lose at home to Marquette

I reviewed parts of the Marquette-Wisky game on my DVR this morning. The one thing that stuck out to me that I hadn't mentioned before is how frequently Wisconsin's players were being beaten off the dribble. Certainly you give credit for the likes of Todd Mayo and Vander Blue for being aggressive and making plays, but there are big problems with Wisconsin's defense. There were plays where Berggren wasn't hedging properly and allowed the guards to turn the corner with momentum, and that's in addition to the problems the Badger guards have in keeping guys in front of them. Wisconsin was not very strong on defense last year, and it appears they are going to struggle even more on that end this year.

So the combination of having problems stopping dribble penetration, less than stellar defensive rebounding (for a team that typically is a strong rebounding club), lack of balance offensively (i.e., overreliance on shooting 3s), lack of another star to take the defensive pressure off Taylor, and worse FT shooting (shooting much worse than last year) is going to spell many more losses this year for the Badgers than last year.

BigGopherfan, Just think of the Badgers as child molester's. That will ease your concern.:rolleyes:

If you don't hope that Wisconsin loses, that's fine, but it's natural for most fans to cheer for whatever team is playing against their rival. It's the nature of the game. "Hating" a basketball team and hating child molestors are much different kinds of hate. I don't think people have their priorites out of order. I was glad Wisconsin didn't win (mostly because I don't like seeing my roommate gloat and tell me how amazing and perfect the Badgers are), but I still respect their program. If they happen to win, it's whatever. No big deal either way.

Well said brotha.

How old are y[SUP][/SUP]ou?
Thanks for making your comment a personal attack. Anyway this isn't about hating the players. This is about a fiece rivalry that goes back over a century. You don't think people from Boston hate the Yankees? How about people from San Francisco hating the Dodgers. Army/Navy. Auburn/Alabama. Duke/UNC. The list goes on and on, but it is about detesting the other team, not hating the personnel. They are irrelevant in the overall big picture.

BigGoherFan has a way of pi$$ing people off. Other than that, he is ok.

If you need an example of people going overboard with a sports rivalry, just go watch the Alabama-Auburn 30 for 30.

I'm sorry, but I reserve my hate for thinks like child molesters, not the Wisconsin Badgers. Fans who cheer so feverishly against Wisconsin to the point of hatred make me sick. Rivalries are fun and an integeral part of major college athletics. But let's keep things in perspective people.

Do you honestly think all of the people here hate Badger fans just as much as they hate child molesters? Get a grip man. Don't get upset at them just because they use the word 'hate' a bit more often than you.

Marquette- Buzz

The Marquette v. Badgers was a good game.

Buzz Williams is a very good coach his teams compete and play very hard.

Berggren struggled on the offensive end also.. He had quite a few wide open looks.

It's not a requirement to HATE the Badgers in order to be a Gopher fan

Yes, it is.

Anyone else see the irony in "BigGopherFan" constantly defending (and even promoting) the Badgers and Royce White, and yet ripping mercilessly on Gophers players at every opportunity?

I love seeing the BADgers lose in anything especially BB and FB.

Do you think if a person watched a BADger BB game with both teams in generic uni's and without any shots of the grinch, would really consider them to be a top 10 team?

Top Bottom