Skunks lose at home to Marquette

Looks like Wisky's 47% shooting from 3-point land to start the season was slightly beefed up by their early level of competition. 26% against Marquette, 28% against UNC, the same UNC team that gave up 90 to UNLV in the previous game.

Even in nonconference games, Wisky has gone with essentially 6-7 guys. Interesting to see the different philosophies in that regard. OSU has done the same thing the last few years as well. Conversely, teams like Illinois, Purdue, Minny have gone with 9, 10, 11 guys.

Nice to see Tubby going with a more limited bench in the last couple games. Much easier for the guys on the floor to get into a rhythm. I'm sure in the next couple matchups against cupcakes we'll see more of the 2nd line guys getting PT but hopefully we'll see the more limited lineup when BT play starts, unless somebody steps up and asserts themselves.

Johnson-Odom almost gave away that game chucking up contested shots over and over.

Definitely a poor performance by the Badgers. It appears that personnel losses actually DO affect Bo Ryan's teams after all. I had heard all along about how they move on without a hitch every year in spite of losing players every year, but I don't think that is the case this year. There is clearly a hitch. This team cannot score very many points against quality defenses unless they are hitting a bunch of 3s, and the lack of a balanced offense really hurt them today. That's where the loss of Leuer offensively comes into play. And defensively, I saw Marquette getting some shots in the paint and offensive rebounds that I don't think they would've gotten last year against the frontcourt of Nankivil and Leuer. Marquette made only two 3-pointers, and had 16 offensive rebounds. MU outrebounded UW 41-27. Carolina outrebounded them 39-26, and UNC is not the greatest rebounding team this year (outrebounded by each of their other big time opponents MSU, UNLV and UK). Certainly the typical excellent rebounding Bo Ryan's teams have had is not present this year, at least not at this point. If you don't think the frontcourt losses the Badgers had mattered, you weren't paying attention. They could get it together towards the end of the year, but clearly at this point the Badgers are not at the level they were at last year.

Marquette's Todd Mayo (O.J.'s brother) looked very good. He played for Germantown with Austin Hollins, then moved on to a prep school. He was a 3* recruit. Looked very good.

Jordan Taylor does not look as quick after his ankle surgery. FT shooting is down too.

Why do we HOPE for losses from a school? I don't get it. Cheer for your team, don't wish for negative things from your opponent/rival.

You have to respect an athletic program like Wisconsin. If anything, Minnesota should strive to accomplish what the red university to the east has has, especially in the money-making sports football and basketball. I mean, 10 NCAA Tournaments in 10 years! Wow. I think Minnesota basketball has been to 12 NCAA Tournaments -- ever.

For the record, I think Wisconsin will be out of the top 25 with its loss.

Why do we HOPE for losses from a school? I don't get it. Cheer for your team, don't wish for negative things from your opponent/rival.

You have to respect an athletic program like Wisconsin. If anything, Minnesota should strive to accomplish what the red university to the east has has, especially in the money-making sports football and basketball. I mean, 10 NCAA Tournaments in 10 years! Wow. I think Minnesota basketball has been to 12 NCAA Tournaments -- ever.

#7 losses to #16 and #5, they won't drop below 20.

Hoping for and enjoying are two different things!

Then you aren't a very big Gopher fan.

Are you joking me??? Just because I don't hope the Badgers suck has no bearing on how I feel about the Gophers. It's not a requirement to HATE the Badgers in order to be a Gopher fan

As a Madison native, alum of Minnesota, and current Marquette law student, I thoroughly enjoyed the W.:D

Marquette was unexpectedly without their starting point guard for the game...

star Jae Crowder came into the game averaging 19.3 ppg and 7.3 rpg.. had foul trouble and an off game, scored 2 points and 3 boards...

Warriors started off unable to buy a bucket.. but kept with it and played good defense most of the game.

When Becky cut the lead down to 1 in the second half, Marquette responded with 6 points from a seldom-used sophomore and two true freshmen.

Nice victory, but Washington awaits MU on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden. Celebrate until midnight, then it's a new day.

For uw-madison, they lost to two excellent teams this week.. not the end of the world. Although their ranking coming into this week was higher than it will be at the end of the regular season.

I love me some Schadenfreude
"Another phrase with a meaning similar to Schadenfreude is "morose delectation" ("delectatio morosa" in Latin), meaning "the habit of dwelling with enjoyment on evil thoughts".[8] The medieval church taught morose delectation as a sin."

When are the Gophers going to schedule Marquette??

And life will be rainbows and unicorns.

Lighten up.

Are you kidding me??????? My all time favorite college team is the Minnesota Gophers. My second all time favorite college team is anyone playing against Wisky. I truly hope MSU beats them tonight by 50 points.

I'm sorry, but I reserve my hate for thinks like child molesters, not the Wisconsin Badgers. Fans who cheer so feverishly against Wisconsin to the point of hatred make me sick. Rivalries are fun and an integeral part of major college athletics. But let's keep things in perspective people.

Are you kidding me??????? My all time favorite college team is the Minnesota Gophers. My second all time favorite college team is anyone playing against Wisky. I truly hope MSU beats them tonight by 50 points.

How old are you?

If you don't hope that Wisconsin loses, that's fine, but it's natural for most fans to cheer for whatever team is playing against their rival. It's the nature of the game. "Hating" a basketball team and hating child molestors are much different kinds of hate. I don't think people have their priorites out of order. I was glad Wisconsin didn't win (mostly because I don't like seeing my roommate gloat and tell me how amazing and perfect the Badgers are), but I still respect their program. If they happen to win, it's whatever. No big deal either way.

I'm sorry, but I reserve my hate for thinks like child molesters, not the Wisconsin Badgers. Fans who cheer so feverishly against Wisconsin to the point of hatred make me sick. Rivalries are fun and an integeral part of major college athletics. But let's keep things in perspective people.

Lighten up Francis

Jordan Taylor is yapping nonsense on Twitter. I suppose when your actions result in failure, you're left with a couple of options - you can shut up and take the L, or talk & pretend as if you didn't really fail.

Jordan Taylor.. Audrey Seiler II.

Top Bottom