Skunk fans are always the worst

DarrenTheGreek

Gov. Victory Bell Ringer
Reaction score
To the skunk fans in Section 211 row 30, eat a bag of dicks.

-Heckling Casey O'Brien and making fun of his cancer
-Cheering each time a Gopher player was injured and calling him a puss
-Saying the F word over 250 times during the course of the game
-Flipping off all the Gopher fans around them and saying "F*** YOU!!!!" every time the Badgers scored.

Better team wont today and I'm all for celebrating a win over a rival. I have a few friends/family that cheer for the red menace but the actions of those fans crossed a line.

Yep, Mrs. Billd thought those folks were douches too.

Had some decent ones around us and that was fine. Several came this year specifically because of what happened last year. That is a good thing.

Those are the Wisconsin fans who haven't traveled much in their lives.

There is no need to hate them because if you saw their lives, you would not envy them.

If you want an idea, watch Making A Murderer to give you context.

Not all WI fans are like that, but the ones you encountered probably fit that category.

-Flipping off all the Gopher fans around them and saying "F*** YOU!!!!" every time the Badgers scored.

Better team wont today and I'm all for celebrating a win over a rival. I have a few friends/family that cheer for the red menace but the actions of those fans crossed a line.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making this story up, there is zero chance that multiple fans would be heckling a young man battling cancer. Starting this thread with this bogus and ugly story to stir the pot has to be the most classless thing I’ve seen on a sports forum. You need help.

Yes, another classless example similar to today's douches was when Coach Kill was soundly defeating I-O-W-A at TCF in 2014 and some of the visitors in black and gold were making "comments" about his epilepsy. Almost started a riot with a couple of Gophers who'd had enough.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making this story up, there is zero chance that multiple fans would be heckling a young man battling cancer. Starting this thread with this bogus and ugly story to stir the pot has to be the most classless thing I’ve seen on a sports forum. You need help.

You’ve clearly never been around drunk skunks.

Always nice to see a Troll who created his account the week of the matchup. Glad to see someone with so much time on their hands.

Regarding the original post, none of the behaviors surprise me. Some just take fandom way too far and have no sense of shame or decency.

Look at my post history to see if I like to tell tall tales. Been a season ticket holder since the Wacker era, been to 10 other Big Ten stadiums. Never encountered anything like that. One of the "parents" in the group finally had to tell some of the others to chill.

Always nice to see a Troll who created his account the week of the matchup. Glad to see someone with so much time on their hands.

Regarding the original post, none of the behaviors surprise me. Some just take fandom way too far and have no sense of shame or decency.

When should I have created an account, when Wisconsin wasn’t playing Minnesota?? I’ve seen just about everything at pro and college sporting events over the last 40+ years, and I call bullshit on the OP. But congrats on a historical season, good luck in the bowl game.

When should I have created an account, when Wisconsin wasn’t playing Minnesota?? I’ve seen just about everything at pro and college sporting events over the last 40+ years, and I call bullshit on the OP. But congrats on a historical season, good luck in the bowl game.
You may or may not believe the OP but if you've been to anywhere near as many events as you say, you know fans like this exist. Worst fan I ever encountered was a packer fan at a viking game. Truly beyond belief. Some people are just garbage.

Whatever. The group in question was just behind us and would not have passed a roadside sobriety test if driving. That's not an excuse for their asshattedness although FtF's thinking above might be on to something.

Fortunately I don't post for Stuck_In_Indy's pleasure. I made it pretty clear and specific where these fans were located. As stated, I have several friends/family that are Badger fans as I married a girl from Wisconsin.

Intimidate or knock em out next time. Fight fire with fire not hard to do

Lol no but I wouldn’t put up with that garbage. Game on for me whoever the worst is

Perhaps I'm scarred, but after my experience with the aforementioned packer fan I haven't taken my kids to a major sporting event. Too many psychos. And the badger fans do love their alcohol.

Darren the Greek, like a few of us, go all the way back to the Golden Gopher Gridiron days. That site came along at about the same time as the internet. We went thru Wacker, then the Mason hire and Kill and then onto here now. He's always been a solid poster.

I was in 233 and one lone Badger fan was being so obnoxious while constantly gloating to his Gopher supporting family and friends that they finally could take no more of him and split. He went beyond mere teasing and having a celebratory mood. The dude crossed the line to being kind of mean.

However, the worst offenders were actually Gopher fans, bandwagon types. One guy in the fourth quarter went into a 10 minute long profane rant at maximum shouting volume about how every Minnesota sports team sucked, all of them choked, and he eventually threw his Gopher hoodie on the ground while announcing he was done with the team forever. It just went on and on. Everyone in the vicinity wanted him to stop and he got belligerent with folks who asked him to knock it off, threw a crumpled beer can or two, and generally acted like no one you ever wanted to see again.

The other main offender continuously called the Badgers rapists and verbally harassed some Wisconsin fans who were very kind and polite and who were just minding their own business while trying to watch the game. My buddy finally told the guy to knock it off and he wound up getting challenged to a fight that thankfully didn’t occur. These jackasses gave Gopher fans a bad name.

Buddy of mine called out a Badger fan for dissing the Row the Boat mantra (considering what it means to PJ Fleck). And in response? She punched him and broke his glasses. Badger fans don't deserve these wins.

I was in 233 and one lone Badger fan was being so obnoxious while constantly gloating to his Gopher supporting family and friends that they finally could take no more of him and split. He went beyond mere teasing and having a celebratory mood. The dude crossed the line to being kind of mean.

However, the worst offenders were actually Gopher fans, bandwagon types. One guy in the fourth quarter went into a 10 minute long profane rant at maximum shouting volume about how every Minnesota sports team sucked, all of them choked, and he eventually threw his Gopher hoodie on the ground while announcing he was done with the team forever. It just went on and on. Everyone in the vicinity wanted him to stop and he got belligerent with folks who asked him to knock it off, threw a crumpled beer can or two, and generally acted like no one you ever wanted to see again.

The other main offender continuously called the Badgers rapists and verbally harassed some Wisconsin fans who were very kind and polite and who were just minding their own business while trying to watch the game. My buddy finally told the guy to knock it off and he wound up getting challenged to a fight that thankfully didn’t occur. These jackasses gave Gopher fans a bad name.

One thing I noticed with the Penn State and Wisconsin games, there were a lot of "new" Minnesota fans occupying seats that were otherwise empty earlier in the year. Although I'm grateful for more fans, the amount of intoxication and cursing was off the charts in both games. I have 4 kids and only 2 seats so I'm either bringing a 15, 13 or 9 year old. (My 7 year old doesn't have the interest yet) Be loud and be vocal but just be mindful that it IS still a family event.

“There were very fine people...on both sides. The Christians and the lions.”

If this is what it means to have a winning program, the badgers can have it. SMH.

Thank your buddy for me.

How about the Gopher fan at Gameday with the ‘Paul Chryst kidnapped Jamye Closs’ sign? If that is what a classy fan base looks like you can have them...

How about the Gopher fan at Gameday with the ‘Paul Chryst kidnapped Jamye Closs’ sign? If that is what a classy fan base looks like you can have them...
I agree. I'd like to say gophers are classier than this, but obviously some are not.

I've been to Camp Randall three times and have been absolutely harassed with behavior like mentioned in the OP. I've told my stories many times and have been called bs by many a Badger fan, yet all true. Just classless. On the other hand I've been to Lambeau in full Vikes gear 6 times and have had nothing but great experiences and the Green Bay fans were awesome. Some playful banter but all good. We had one nasty fan but all the Pack fans around him told him to shut the F up which was good. Hearing that lousy talk against some of the Sconnie fans who were minding their own business is disturbing. I hope you all would tell aholes like that to shut up. My biggest fear is that it turns into like going to the Vikes games where majority of the people are hammered and belligerent and you don't want to bring your kids to that. I bring my kids to the Gophers game for that reason, much more family friendly.

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting such an obvious lie. What you experienced was not what I wanted to be true and therefore it must be a lie.

This was a test of the emergency sarcasm system.

Top Bottom