Size of the DL

balds

Reaction score
Just from a size perspective, I can't remember having a DL like this. I was at the game and down on the field after and was close to may of them and was very impressed. I know that size and ability don't necessarily go hand in hand, but these guys get an A+ on the eye test. Edwards is a monster. Hageman and Kirksey are huge. Jacobs is solid. Gregory-Mchee looks formidable. Legania looks like he is a year of weights away. The only one who looks a little slight is Wilhite, though he has shown some nice pass rushing skills. I'm very excited to see this group play and progress.

its not the size of the dog, its the size of the fight in the dog. lets see if these boys can go out and play angry and kick some a$$...they got kind of pushed around yesterday at the scrimmage i was quite disappointed

I noticed that too

That they got pushed around a little. I wasn't too concerned because Kirksey didn't play, Wilhite only played a little, and Hageman is dealing with ankle issues. Still excited to see these guys play.

You can talk all you want about the size of the fight in the dog, but if it's a pekanese against a pit bull it ain't gonna matter. We've had a pekanese type defensive line for years. I'm ready for some real beef in there.

There was a play that Edwards broke through the line and took down the runner behind the line. Was I the only guy there that noticed that! There were a few plays inbetween that the lines were in a bit of a fight for dominance. I was very impressed by Wills during the scrimmage. I have given him the bums rap more than once, but he deserves praise for slimming down and gaining more muscle mass. I watched him closely on several plays and he beat his first, and then moved downfield and engaged his second. I know he is on the offensive line, but it caught my attention for the vast improvement in speed he displayed.

Top Bottom