Six wins a possibility, but we have to upset somebody. Who?

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Figuring we win the next three (Miami and NDSU may be tougher than we think) and can, say, win at Purdue and against Illinois at the end, who do we upset to get the sixth win? Michigan State?

Iowa or Northwestern. Those are both winnable. Even in a terrible year last year, the Gophs had a decent chance to beat NW.

If we're a decent team, which after yesterday most of us think (hope?) we are, then all the home games on our schedule are at least "winnable" and I'd say @ Michigan and Northwestern are as well. The schedule this year sets up for a lot of games that are both winnable and losable for a decent team so that sixth win could come from a lot of places or not at all the way I see it.

At this point, it's hard to tell how competitive we'll be in conference play, but if the game were to be played this Saturday, I like our chances against Purdue, NW and Illinois

At this point, it's hard to tell how competitive we'll be in conference play, but if the game were to be played this Saturday, I like our chances against Purdue, NW and Illinois

I want to see our defense against a mobile QB before I make any predictions on the rest of the season.

I say Michigan...
We rip the jug & bring it home where it belongs!
littlebrownjug.jpg

MINNESOTA_MICHIGAN_bw_spor_t640.jpg

I say Michigan...
We rip the jug & bring it home where it belongs!
littlebrownjug.jpg

MINNESOTA_MICHIGAN_bw_spor_t640.jpg

Thanks for posting that. Its been a while since the Jug has been in our possession. last win 2005. 1 win vs Michigan in 25 yrs?? just doesnt seem right. if we can only get 3 wins this yr(which i doubt seeing how our team played in the 2nd half vs USC). I want the LB Jug back and to keep floyd. getting the Ax back wouldnt be too bad either :p

Upset? I say we run the table and upset the #1 team in the country to end the season ;-).
GO GOPHERS!

Iowa. The obnoxious "HAWKS" remain winless at TCF and Floyd stays home where he belongs ... And the class-less hawkeye fans are again nowhere to be found after the game!!!

In general, you usually don't upset who you think you are going to upset. I also don't agree with the premise that the Gophers are assured to be underdogs in all but 2 conference games. A lot can change in the next couple months, so what might look like an upset now, might be a game the Gophers should win by kickoff time. To that end, if USC goes out and has a 6-6 season, it would change the way the season opener is viewed.

Iowa. The obnoxious "HAWKS" remain winless at TCF and Floyd stays home where he belongs ... And the class-less hawkeye fans are again nowhere to be found after the game!!!
Except for the two drunks trying to get it on in one of the restrooms.

In general, you usually don't upset who you think you are going to upset. I also don't agree with the premise that the Gophers are assured to be underdogs in all but 2 conference games. A lot can change in the next couple months, so what might look like an upset now, might be a game the Gophers should win by kickoff time. To that end, if USC goes out and has a 6-6 season, it would change the way the season opener is viewed.

And as encouraged as I was by our opener, we should all be cautious that this just may happen. I have a feeling that USC is a very talented but very undisciplined and not well coached team.

Top Bottom