Sitkowski done for season

swingman

Reaction score
Illinois quarterback Artur Sitkowski is out for the season, head coach Bret Bielema announced on Monday.

Sitkowski started in Saturday’s 20-18 win at No. 7 Penn State in nine overtimes but left in the fourth overtime after rolling out and trying to hit running back Jakari Norwood in the end zone on a two-point conversion attempt. Sitkowski appeared to suffer an injury to his lower left arm and required an air cast before leaving the field.

"Art unfortunately did break his arm. He will have surgery on Wednesday, so he will be done for the year," Bielema said.

It should mean that Peters has the starting job for the rest of the season. Illinois’ likely backup quarterback would now be Division II transfer Ryan Johnson, who joined the team this summer. Johnson played at Northern Michigan University where he played in 20 games and threw for 2,844 career yards with 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions with a 54.9 career completion percentage. Johnson was the next option on Saturday should something have happened to Peters.

I knew it was broken the way he was holding it and not moving his hand. That's a "This is so painful and the only thing that makes it bearable is not moving it" move. Very unfortunate.

As much as this board frets about Nebraska, Iowa, and wisconsin (especially Nebraska) I think it's okay to talk about other division rivals coming up. It's as least as relevant as one liners about Bret Bielema and that baby pool we should start for him

Great give him one thread or a pitch count. He's like Bleed on a coke bender.
Why does this bother you so much?

The starting QB for the team we play in a couple weeks is done for the year. That feels like a very relevant topic for a Gopher Football message board.

Plus, there wasn't a lot of mystery in the title of the thread, very clear what it was about. If that doesn't interest you just skip it and find a thread that does.

I will freely admit that Swingman can get a bit carried away at times but he also does a great job scouring the net for news about teams in the West and our upcoming opponents.

I feel bad for the kid Sitkowski. Never like to see that happen. However, after watching nearly all of the Penn State game I'm afraid this will only make Illinois better. Sitkowski looked dreadful, much to my delight knowing they're on the docket soon.

Lots of people wanting to control my GopherHole experience lately. Not allowed to look ahead on the schedule and now not allowed to discuss opposing teams either.

let’s all wear gray jump suits and change our handles to “Gopher 01” through “Gopher 3000”.

now, with that BS aside…

Peters always seems like one of those glass jaw type players so I predict the D2 transfer is the starting QB by season’s end.

I feel bad for the kid Sitkowski. Never like to see that happen. However, after watching nearly all of the Penn State game I'm afraid this will only make Illinois better. Sitkowski looked dreadful, much to my delight knowing they're on the docket soon.
You think this is going to make them better? Sitkowski replaced their starter Peters because he was playing so poorly. So they are now going to be forced to turn back to the guy they benched earlier in the season.

Sitkowski was nothing special, but he was the best QB option on a bad team. Losing him is not going to make them better.

I agree. I actually had no idea Peters was healthy. I figured he was still hurt if Sitkowski was playing because Peters struck me as the far better player when I've watched Illinois.

I am sorry, but the title for a momentary flash made it sound like a downed helicopter.

I agree. I actually had no idea Peters was healthy. I figured he was still hurt if Sitkowski was playing because Peters struck me as the far better player when I've watched Illinois.
Peters was Ok in 2019. He didn't play well at all last year and was a mess in the action he saw this year. The good news is that if he is in fact the starter in 2 weeks we have film to watch on him but he isn't anything scary.

You think this is going to make them better? Sitkowski replaced their starter Peters because he was playing so poorly. So they are now going to be forced to turn back to the guy they benched earlier in the season.

Sitkowski was nothing special, but he was the best QB option on a bad team. Losing him is not going to make them better.
Fair enough, but after what I saw it can't make them any worse.

Top Bottom