Single seats

2727Gopher

Reaction score
I know that the U has said that it reserves the right to shuffle seats slightly to avoid having single seats, but now that there are sections with nothing but single seats, it made me wonder - does anyone know if they're actively doing that as singles pop up, or are they waiting until the end of the process before they move people around?

2727Gopher--

The ticket office said that if there is no other seat left in the row, they are not limiting selection. For example, if you have two season tickets and there is three seats left in a row, you will be able to select those seats. If there is a group of three and then more seats open in the row, you wouldn't be able to leave a single in that situation.

That's how I understood it at least. Not sure if they'll be moving people around to get rid of those singles, but probably not as they are already limiting how many singles can be out there.

The best thing to do is re-market the singles to the surrounding groups. A lot of people would love to be able to add a ticket to their group and the U could sell another.

2727Gopher--

The ticket office said that if there is no other seat left in the row, they are not limiting selection. For example, if you have two season tickets and there is three seats left in a row, you will be able to select those seats. If there is a group of three and then more seats open in the row, you wouldn't be able to leave a single in that situation.

That's how I understood it at least. Not sure if they'll be moving people around to get rid of those singles, but probably not as they are already limiting how many singles can be out there.

I can't find the post but the Ticket Office told someone else who called that they would be adjusting to avoid singles. Its also noted in the ticket selection brochure as well. I don't think anyone knows when it will happen but I'm fully expecting it to happen.

From Ticket office 4/22/09

I know that the U has said that it reserves the right to shuffle seats slightly to avoid having single seats, but now that there are sections with nothing but single seats, it made me wonder - does anyone know if they're actively doing that as singles pop up, or are they waiting until the end of the process before they move people around?

"As far as single seats are concerned, we have put in place a preventative measure that does not allow season ticket holders to create singles in a row with seats still available. The only time a single can be left, is if the season ticket holder is selecting all other seats that are available in the section, e.g. there is three seats left in a row and they select two of them. The singles that are remaining will not be touched by us until the seat selection process is over. Then, depending on the number and situation, we may make some adjustments. Until then, however, all single seats will be left for selection by season ticket holders."

That's smart, because some of them may go away. I, for one, have an extra seat not with my group (bought it a couple of years ago and didn't "average"). I will be able to likely get a seat in my group section, not too far away.

I doubt they will do anything until the whole season ticket selection process is ended. I know more than a handful of people who have just one single season ticket for themselves.

Top Bottom